Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

elpasojake

New in Town
Crown on 40's hats,... I noticed yesterday that in Casablanca most the of the fedora had this "pinched" looked at the front, any ideas? I got a new borsalino last week, and hoping to change it to that look, will change ribbon this weekend...

howardeye

Practically Family
I like your avitar pic Landman. Are the grips authentic ivory? To me there is no better look and feel of ivory on blued steel especially a Colt.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Crown on 40's hats,... I noticed yesterday that in Casablanca most the of the fedora had this "pinched" looked at the front, any ideas? I got a new borsalino last week, and hoping to change it to that look, will change ribbon this weekend...

...not sure what the question is?

If you're asking how to achieve the look, yes, you pinch the front, quite literally.

fashion frank

One Too Many
I know this isn't really the right spot for this but I figured I could cut to the chase here.
Question :: Has anyone had any problems with the "new" photobucket page ?
I can't seem to upload anything there since they changed the format .
Any help/info here would be great.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Last edited:

Landman

One Too Many
I like your avitar pic Landman. Are the grips authentic ivory? To me there is no better look and feel of ivory on blued steel especially a Colt.

Thanks Bert. That is actually a picture from an old Colt catalogue. It is a Colt Commander with ivory grips. I do have the exact same pistol though with ivory grips. I agree with you on the look and feel...it doesn't get any better.

JAVIER

Practically Family
I know this isn't really the right spot for this but I figured I could cut to the chase here.

I thought the issue was my phone, I have been having the same issues, only work around for me is to click on the home page uploaded image and quickly copy code before the page fully loads and whites out.
Hope I had a better solution.

fashion frank

One Too Many
I thought the issue was my phone, I have been having the same issues, only work around for me is to click on the home page uploaded image and quickly copy code before the page fully loads and whites out.
Hope I had a better solution.

Thanks buddy ,now I know that its not on my end and not just me, I did not even get as far as you did .
I sent photobucket an email, will have to wait and see what happens and it will be interesting to see if anyone else is having the same issues.
Thanks again and All the Best, Fashion frank

new2hats

A-List Customer
How to post a picture on the site and not just a link?

This is frustrating, I am using Flickr. Should I change this site or am I missing something? It always comes up as a link but I want to post right on this site...

Sean

Landman

One Too Many

I'm having issues too. My post is a few back from here. Still haven't resolved my issues and also sent them an email. No response yet.

fashion frank

One Too Many
I'm having issues too. My post is a few back from here. Still haven't resolved my issues and also sent them an email. No response yet.

Thanks for the info , I just again this morning tried to use the photobucket site and nothing , its like the site is dead in the water , I hope they are trying to resolve this issue .
Thanks for weighting here .

All the Best , Fashion Frank

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hat dyeing question. Is it possible to have a hat maker dye a light beige silver belly to a copper color ?
Anyone know of someone that dyes hats ?
Thanks

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Hat dyeing question. Is it possible to have a hat maker dye a light beige silver belly to a copper color ?
Anyone know of someone that dyes hats ?
Thanks

Only person I know who dyes hats is Bob Jessee at Black Sheep hat works. He does it with unfinished bodies though...bit it can't hurt to inquire.

fashion frank

One Too Many

I don't know if this has happened to you , but I got an e mail from photobucket stating in so many words that " we are aware of the problems and we have our tecks working on it . "
I guess we will have to wait and see .
Thanks agin , all the best , Fashion Frank

m0nk

One Too Many
I've read here that the Fed IV has a wire installed.
Yes, the Fed IV does have a wire reed. My brown one has a couple of small kinks and I've considered removing it, but it seems to be a common issue for hard wearing Fed IV owners on COW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace