Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
I've got a question ... . I heard if you clicked Leave , your shipping insurance from Australia was void , but I received an email from EA saying my Hat had shipped , but no tracking number . I know customs can do crazy things and hold up the process , but with normal international post , it comes by USPS to your house , Right ? Do you get any heads up before it arrives ? This is my first order from Sam at EA , and I was wondering . ... told my mail girl just leave it if I'm not here (I live in the country , no one around) ... . It's surely going to be here this week , surely .
Michael, there is no tracking number. Depending on the situation at customs it can/may be there for 7-10 days before it's checked thru & turned over to USPS. USPS does not issue any notification prior to delivery; it will just show up one day. I think mine took just about 3 wks all told.

On your shipping notice or invoice (can't remember which) in the fine print there is what I will call a tracing number which EA can use to trace shipment should your pkg become lost & never show up. But in the fine print it explains that it can take up to a couple of months for EA to trace a shipment by that number.

Hope this is clearer than it sounds.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Michael, there is no tracking number. Depending on the situation at customs it can/may be there for 7-10 days before it's checked thru & turned over to USPS. USPS does not issue any notification prior to delivery; it will just show up one day. I think mine took just about 3 wks all told.

On your shipping notice or invoice (can't remember which) in the fine print there is what I will call a tracing number which EA can use to trace shipment should your pkg become lost & never show up. But in the fine print it explains that it can take up to a couple of months for EA to trace a shipment by that number.

Hope this is clearer than it sounds.

Thanks HJ , Yeah I have that # , and the Hats Direct order took about 9 days , had a tracking # , so I could see customs had it about 3 days or so , then it started moving again . I'm going to check my records on when it shipped , I know it took 3 days , I think , for Hats Direct once they gave it to the AU Post to get it out of AU . It landed in NYC , then customs . I figured I was Blessed it only stayed 3 Days there . After leaving there it came pretty fast . Thanks again Buddy !

I checked , I knew it was 6-9 days to ship , but it only took 6 days , and shipped on May 31 , so about 8-9 Days with the time difference . It seemed longer , I guess with no tracking , and not knowing it stretched out my memory . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

stetsonofagun

One of the Regulars
Anyone have anything to add? I need to resolve this transaction pretty quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Here's an entirely new topic. In my "Alerts" box in the upper right of my computer's view of the Lounge, I have received alerts about someone I may or may not have heard of here on the Lounge, and that they have uploaded images like this. I'm estimating that I've received a dozen or so from various Loungers since the new software has been in use. Why and what is this? HACKED??

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Here's an entirely new topic. In my "Alerts" box in the upper right of my computer's view of the Lounge, I have received alerts about someone I may or may not have heard of here on the Lounge, and that they have uploaded images like this. I'm estimating that I've received a dozen or so from various Loungers since the new software has been in use. Why and what is this? HACKED??

That's troubling . Sorry Charlie ! Maybe someone will look into it , I hope . Very Strange !

Eliesti

A-List Customer
Hi All,

is anybody still selling the Akubra

-- Boss of the Plains
-- Overseer
-- Cowboy
-- Silver spur

???

Everything Australian still sells the Silver Spur and Boss of the Plains according to their website.

It also looks like hatsdirect.com sells the Boss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Please send it back Stetsonofagun, this hat is not salvageable in my opinion. The crack in the brim leaves on a stingy brim possibility IF you can get the crown clean. If sent to me I would have to send it back as undoable. Good luck

Mr S

New in Town
I just picked up a fedora. It is a Richman Steins. It says 'Falcon' in the hat band.
Is anyone able to give me any information on this particular hat? Year especially that it was made. It is in really great condition & I got it for next to nothing. Thank you for any help.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
If by Cowboy you mean the Pro 30X Cowboy ? Yep , 30% Beaver 70% Hare , Somebody had it on Sale not long ago . Pretty sure it was either www.everythingaustralian.com.au (Nope) , or www.hatsdirect.com (Nope) , maybe it was www.hatsbythe100.com.au (Nope) . Somebody did , I'm curious , now . But I saw at Hats By The 100 they're stocking or selling the R.M.Williams , and a New Rough Rider in Bran . I'll keep looking ... , I know someone had it on Sale . But Eli is Correct about the Boss (of the Plains) , and Silver Spur . I seem to recall the Overseer , but not sure , maybe www.nungar.com.au , but I'll look . ... Nope , but www.davidmorgan.com has the 30x Pro Cowboy

Last edited:

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I don't think it was David Morgan that had the 30x Pro Cowboy on Sale , though , it was somebody else . Also , I heard that The Boss of the Plains was basically a Campdraft (with the Telescope Crown) with a 3.5" Brim . So if you don't like the Telescope Crown you could steam it out and change it . I think the Squatter needs a look , Carbon Grey in the Hats I've seen on here is more Blue , a Really Nice Blue .

Eliesti

A-List Customer
I don't think it was David Morgan that had the 30x Pro Cowboy on Sale , though , it was somebody else . Also , I heard that The Boss of the Plains was basically a Campdraft (with the Telescope Crown) with a 3.5" Brim . So if you don't like the Telescope Crown you could steam it out and change it . I think the Squatter needs a look , Carbon Grey in the Hats I've seen on here is more Blue , a Really Nice Blue .

David Morgan did have the 30x pro cowboy. Not sure if he still does.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
David Morgan did have the 30x pro cowboy. Not sure if he still does.

Oh yeah , David Morgan has it , just , I don't think it was David Morgan that had it on Sale ... I saw it for $130 US , I think , and it's like $310 normally ! I just can't recall where ... . I checked my Book Marks , all except Australian Gear , and they're Hats By The 100 , so ... who knows . But I notice stuff , especially a $310 Hat on Sale for $130 US !

Fedster

Familiar Face
Everything Australian still sells the Silver Spur and Boss of the Plains according to their website.

It also looks like hatsdirect.com sells the Boss.

Actually, no. Neither site sells 'the boss of the plains', just 'the boss', which is a different hat. And Everything Australian sells the 'golden spur', not the 'silver spur', again a different hat

I just picked up a fedora. It is a Richman Steins. It says 'Falcon' in the hat band.
Is anyone able to give me any information on this particular hat? Year especially that it was made. It is in really great condition & I got it for next to nothing. Thank you for any help.

Congrats on the new lid, Mr. S.

Pictures of your find will be very helpful. Until you have 15 posts, you can only post photos here by using a photo-hosting site such as Photobucket. You'll post the pics there, then link to them. It's a bit more work, but it works! Looking forward to seeing your hat, sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo