Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
every Akubra I have is a different size ... some showed up 2 or 3 sizes larger than tagged.
they should shrink a touch if you wear them
Akubra is the absolute most inconsistent maker of hats of all makers that I am aware of.
the felt is inconsistent ... the sizing is wildly inconsistent... the quality is inconsistent.
they are fine hats for the price ... that's all I'll say about that
Promise?

niv

Familiar Face
Hat color. One NEVER wears a brown hat (or shoes) with a black, navy blue, nor gray suit. your choices are either black or gray (light gray or charcoal will do).

Hi – I have a black suit with a classic cut that I intend to have to a 30s gathering, I also have a brown hat (Indiana Jones style) Swedish maker, that is very 30s too. My question is if there are any rules regarding hat colour and suit colour, or if it is mixable after wearers taste?

Will

ConsiderMeMilesDavis

One of the Regulars
Hi all,

I'm curious to know what make/model of newsboy cap Mr. Beckham favors.

BECKHAM.jpg

I realize it's most likely a European brand, so more particularly, I'm interested in makes and models with similar proportions: I have a few caps from Stetson and Knickerbocker, and none of them have the oversized proportions as shown above. I dig that the hat is wearing Beckham, not the other way around, just as I dig tall crown/wide-brimmed fedoras.

RJR

Hi all,

View attachment 70037

I realize it's most likely a European brand, so more particularly, I'm interested in makes and models with similar proportions: I have a few caps from Stetson and Knickerbocker, and none of them have the oversized proportions as shown above. I dig that the hat is wearing Beckham, not the other way around, just as I dig tall crown/wide-brimmed fedoras.
They all appear to be full cut 8 panel caps.I'd believe that any of the Lounge capmakers could/would make one very similar.You might also check the B!Wear and Hat People sites. Hat-Cap-B!Wear Custom2.JPG
This is a summer weight B Wear that hasn't loosened up yet.

Hi all,

View attachment 70037

I have a Hepville cap that is similar. He has an Etsy site and is in Bremen. The only diff and it may be a big one for you is that his brims are a bit floppy and I don't think you could get the curve as in Beckham's caps above.

Siôr Boyesen

New in Town
Hi there Loungers, I'm in need of some help. I'm urgently looking for a Black Silk Grosgrain Self Tie Bow tie. Have a black tie event on the 25th/3rd (Next Week) and have yet to acquire a bow tie. I've looked online and prices are...well I'm a student I'll put it that way. If any of you know anyone that is selling one or if you happen to be selling let me know. Thanking you all, sB. P.S I live in the vastly out of the way country that is Wales, just a thought. P.P.S Apologies for posting in a Hat Forum.

RJR

Hi there Loungers, I'm in need of some help. I'm urgently looking for a Black Silk Grosgrain Self Tie Bow tie. Have a black tie event on the 25th/3rd (Next Week) and have yet to acquire a bow tie. I've looked online and prices are...well I'm a student I'll put it that way. If any of you know anyone that is selling one or if you happen to be selling let me know. Thanking you all, sB. P.S I live in the vastly out of the way country that is Wales, just a thought. P.P.S Apologies for posting in a Hat Forum.
You might want to try the vintage clothing threads here.

ConsiderMeMilesDavis

One of the Regulars
If it's any help I know Dave sometimes sports caps from James Lock & co.

YES! After an embarrassing amount of time staring at images on my monitor, Beckham's collection is most definitely heavy on Lock & Co caps. His preference is certainly their Muirfield and/or Sandwich model, but I'm having a hell of time distinguishing between the two models.

Thanks again, @Lean'n'mean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21