Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Has anyone had any experience with Agnoulita Hats from Greece? They have their own website and they are available on Etsy. I've done a Fedora Lounge google search and didn't find much. I know they aren't going to be comparable to a quality vintage hat or to a quality new custom hat. I'm just looking for a few different styles to add to my rotation and my 61-62 hat size means the vintage market is slow going. Don't get me wrong, I'm still looking for vintage, I'm just also looking at other options too.

I'm only interested in Agnoulita's fur felt hats. In particular, I'm thinking of the hat below that is listed as a homburg but I envision it as something else.

512bb52b08a58432e4d0186f28503cdf.jpg

https://www.agnoulitahats.com/listing/277983900/the-silverbelly-homburg-fur-felt-gutter

I think I could re-crease it and make it into a less formal hat (than a homburg) since the overall shape looks interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've purchased hats from Agnoulita and I cannot recommend them. Their responsiveness is inconsistent and they are slow on the orders. End quality of their hats is very poor. I would recommend D'Aquino over Agnoulita if you want a cheap custom.

I've purchased hats from Agnoulita and I cannot recommend them. Their responsiveness is inconsistent and they are slow on the orders. End quality of their hats is very poor. I would recommend D'Aquino over Agnoulita if you want a cheap custom.

Thanks. I did see some of your old posting on both makers. I'm giving Agnoulita a try, but if the hat disappoints I'll sell it for half price and consider it a $50 life lesson.

I also ordered a hat from D'Aguino. I did that in part based on your old reviews. I was specific with my demands and I'll see how it turns out. I intended to order two hats from her; a rabbit and a beaver. She told me to wait on the beaver until I received the rabbit and decided if I liked the rabbit hat. I appreciated her concerns and her willingness to possibly lose a sale in the interest of customer satisfaction.

Just to see what it would be like, I ordered the D'Aguino With a 6" open crown, no taper, and a 2.75" brim. It's due to ship November 20th and I'll leave reviews when it/they arrive.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Thanks. I did see some of your old posting on both makers. I'm giving Agnoulita a try, but if the hat disappoints I'll sell it for half price and consider it a $50 life lesson.

I also ordered a hat from D'Aguino. I did that in part based on your old reviews. I was specific with my demands and I'll see how it turns out. I intended to order two hats from her; a rabbit and a beaver. She told me to wait on the beaver until I received the rabbit and decided if I liked the rabbit hat. I appreciated her concerns and her willingness to possibly lose a sale in the interest of customer satisfaction.

Just to see what it would be like, I ordered the D'Aguino With a 6" open crown, no taper, and a 2.75" brim. It's due to ship November 20th and I'll leave reviews when it/they arrive.

I'll be interested to see your take on Agnoulita. I know they use good felt blanks but I don't think they put very much effort into the finish. IMO, the better value is D'Aquino. Anyway-- maybe you'll have better luck than I did!

I'll be interested to see your take on Agnoulita. I know they use good felt blanks but I don't think they put very much effort into the finish. IMO, the better value is D'Aquino. Anyway-- maybe you'll have better luck than I did!

Thanks. I'm the eternal optimist. When I was deciding if I should give them a try I found old threads and your opinions carried a lot of weight. I went into this with my eyes open and I'll either have my suspicions confirmed or I'll be pleasantly surprised. I've found that by keeping my expectations low I experience less disappointment.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

Didn't think D'Aguino had any of those big 6 inch open crown, no taper, straight sided blocks. I thought I read that somewhere in the D'Aguino thread and also that she sends her hats out to be blocked.

Didn't think D'Aguino had any of those big 6 inch open crown, no taper, straight sided blocks. I thought I read that somewhere in the D'Aguino thread and also that she sends her hats out to be blocked.

I've heard that too. I've also seen the photos of what was ordered vs what was received. I'm willing to give it a try. For the price, I don't see how I can go too wrong. If the hat is short crowned and/or has too much taper I'll flip it and then I'll know for myself. I'll also forget about the beaver felt hat I was going to order. Time will well.

Looking forward to a review on such a substantial dimension custom. It should be showy if nothing else. What color?

Jhoff_1979

One of the Regulars
Question for y'all. Stetson 6x vs Royal Deluxe? Which is the better quality? I ask due to considering getting an Open Road. Available in both. I would actually settle on a vintage but everytime I come across one they are way priced out of my comfort zone.

Thanks in advance.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
T you should do this as a cottage industry and be in like a beer of the month club. Strong work again man!
Alright! Beer! If I could afford to get my hands on some more tools it would be something I'd like to try. It would make a nice retirement job and would definitely be better than my current retirement job of throwing heavy boxes around in a warehouse.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy