Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I know a guy...

baby-boy-wearing-hat-holding-electrical-drill-24453063.jpg

Don't think that this wasn't the first thing I thought of (the cordless, not the kid). :)

I have a DeWalt and a bunches of drill bits. I could only imagine the bit pulling the hat apart as it spun through the felt, though.:eek:

Don't think that this wasn't the first thing I thought of (the cordless, not the kid). :)

I have a DeWalt and a bunches of drill bits. I could only imagine the bit pulling the hat apart as it spun through the felt, though.:eek:

Wet the spot you want to put vents in, then freeze the hat. That should do it! [emoji4]

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Just curious, wouldn't holes in the top of the hat act like a drain that would catch water when it rains and get your head wet? :/
By that time those holes don’t matter. The felt sponge on your head is already saturated and the water just keeps flowing through it. The holes are probably dryer than the rest of the hat. Just sayin...
Be well. Bowen

glider

A-List Customer
I have a Champ stingy brim fedora that is like new, I really don't care for a stingy brim but this hat is so nice I hate to let it go . I have considered trying to make a porkpie out of it , I don't see why I couldn't . So what do the inmates think, sell it or make a porkpie

I have a Champ stingy brim fedora that is like new, I really don't care for a stingy brim but this hat is so nice I hate to let it go . I have considered trying to make a porkpie out of it , I don't see why I couldn't . So what do the inmates think, sell it or make a porkpie
I vote "Pork Pie", but that style seems to be a bit of an acquired taste. On the other hand, if it's a size 7-1/2 and you're willing to let it go cheap... ;)

The pork pie is one of those hats that I like seeing on others but has no appeal to me personally. Don’t know why, just is.

Since you can always return it to open crown and then back to a fedora why not give it a try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know more about this hat? All I know is what I can see: Stetson 7x hand creased something. The bound brim has me wondering. These are all the photos I have and no additional description.

86abf6f105be84dc2fbf8e9678d03789.jpg

30fe4c3dc861df4dcc3f0a55c5861026.jpg

509bbe8b8d5c1ee1b100165b0b413165.jpg

1c97722c97bf09694c8442d6c4e7ab2c.jpg

4e51309bd91a2c4f18e40a17e25fb3da.jpg

892705a2948d1b18a4857d9b98678b28.jpg

I’m curious at to model and vintage. Any help would be appreciated.

For some reason, I want to say that gold tag means it's a Canadian Stetson (60s? 70s?).

For some reason, I want to say that gold tag means it's a Canadian Stetson (60s? 70s?).

The seller is in Alberta, Canada so it looks like it is a Canadian Stetson. I looked through the date Stetsons by their size tag thread and came away empty. I’m going through liner dating now, but she many of the old photos have been lost.

Thanks, it gives me something to look into. So made in Canada rather than made for the Canadian market? It’s not metric so I’m assuming the former.

Biltmore had the license for the Canadian market. Perhaps when you get it there will be a reorder tag or something to shed more light on it.

Edit: After a little more Lounge research, I think it's a post-1971 Canadian Stetson made by Biltmore. Wolthausen had the Canuckistan license fro 1935-1971, the Biltmore. By that gold foil tag, I think it's a Biltmore product.

There are two threads, "Canadian Stetsons" and "Dating Vintage Stetsons by Size Tag" that you should look through. Sorry no linky - on phone.

Last edited:

itsallgood

One of the Regulars
What is a good fir felt hat for a millennial girl? Hats for women from all of the usual sources either seem over-the-top too stylized or too much like a rancher. Isn't there anything that's just an off-the-shelf fedora with a ribbon on the other side? Something in silverbelly or maybe khaki for California summer weather? Perhaps with some kind of neutral, toned-down puggaree?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy