Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ken David

One of the Regulars
I visited with Mike prior to his store opening and he did use a conformateur so he has my "head" on file. I have a Gannon as well. I do have definite opinions on hatters but really hesitate to comment as it is sooo subjective. I have hats from 8 custom hatters and IMHO they all have a place in the market. Mike and Art are my go to guys as Mike crafted my first custom and both Mike and Art are in towns that we visit regularly (but not often) and I love to have at least a token personal connection with those I do business with.

Thanks for the clarification....I was meaning to say Mike does not offer the conformateur service in the mail, I believe Art is the only one that offers that service? I understand about comment on hatters due to the subjectivity, I do realize that everyone has their favorite! Thanks for posting!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the clarification....I was meaning to say Mike does not offer the conformateur service in the mail, I believe Art is the only one that offers that service? I understand about comment on hatters due to the subjectivity, I do realize that everyone has their favorite! Thanks for posting!
I went in personally to see both John Penman and Mike Miller, but I believe John has a paper type of conformateur he mails out to his clients.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Yer confusing me with a brother from another mother.
FA4638_DD-_C1_C4-4_B86-_B596-9_BADB5_C4_C52_C.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy