Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Before and After?

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Victory Rolls

Sydney Loren said:
Lovely rolls, Lorena. If only I could manage them! lol
Having trouble with the rolls Sydney Loren? I figured them out with the help of the FL posts and youtube vids. I'm convinced if I can do them anyone can ;)

Lorena B

Practically Family
Ha,ha i remember reading a Dita Von Teese article where she mentioned that rolls are practice, practice, practice and, well, she is sooo right, took me loads of ... practice but now, i can do this do in less than 4 min.

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
Lorena B said:
Ha,ha i remember reading a Dita Von Teese article where she mentioned that rolls are practice, practice, practice and, well, she is sooo right, took me loads of ... practice but now, i can do this do in less than 4 min.

I dont have the length due to layers at the moment...or unfortunately, the patience!! :eusa_doh:

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
if your hair isn't long enough, you can always get a bob...
Ava_Gardner_28.JPG
Claudette_Colbert_24.jpg
Lana_Turner_21.jpg
Vivien_Leigh_17.jpg

Sydney Loren

Familiar Face
64tonya said:
Having trouble with the rolls Sydney Loren? I figured them out with the help of the FL posts and youtube vids. I'm convinced if I can do them anyone can ;)

I've gone through the posts and attacked youtube. I see how they do them but mine just don't turn out like that, or on the rare chance it does happen I get one and not the other, ahahaha. One day I think I'll just dedicate a day to getting them right! lol

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Sydney Loren said:
I've gone through the posts and attacked youtube. I see how they do them but mine just don't turn out like that, or on the rare chance it does happen I get one and not the other, ahahaha. One day I think I'll just dedicate a day to getting them right! lol
My hair can be fickle too...one day they come out great first try and others....well let's just say :rage: I end up sweaty and red in the face with a ponytail :) I still haven't figured out how to get the cone shape though, I usually have to pin at an angle to flatten the back down. Need more practice :D

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Before (this is actually straightened a bit--I know, the horror!):
2721946500_184c08486d.jpg

After:
I used a million hot sticks for this one.
2555414705_b767bf9920.jpg

and
This was just two rolls, teased a bit first and the ends were curled with hot sticks.
2355984302_d6190a66f8.jpg

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Audrey Horne said:

After:

and
This was just two rolls, teased a bit first and the ends were curled with hot sticks.

Very pretty! Your rolls look so sharp...I'm jealous!
I spent 1/2 a hour today trying to put my hair up in rolls today. I ended up yelling obscenities and hurling my hairbrush across the room... lol
Anyway, great look! :eusa_clap

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Audrey Horne said:

After:

and
Looks great! I have a long way to go before my hot sticks curls look that good.

PS

A-List Customer
Audrey, hotsticks frizz the heck out of hair! Your curls at the bottom are silky, it is really beautiful.

I pincurled my entire head the other day, I have fairly long hair so it it took quite sometime but I am pleased with my end result. I am on day three now and am planing on brushing them out today.

1094775.JPG

1094770.JPG

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Lela,
I love your hair. Mine is about as long. How did you do it? I've tried everything and nothing seems to work. I have naturally straight hair and it's a booger to curl.

LelaViavonie said:
OK.. I finally got the pictures loaded!!

THis is Before... Hair just blowdried and no makeup

Before.jpg

Here is after.. On Weekdays I normally dont wear alot of makeup.. just Mascara, Blush and Lipstick.. nothing else :)

After.jpg

When I go out (on the town i will do a more dramatic look.. just during the week I like to keep it simple :)

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Grnidwitch said:
Lela,
I love your hair. Mine is about as long. How did you do it? I've tried everything and nothing seems to work. I have naturally straight hair and it's a booger to curl.

Lets just say Lotta Body is my best friend! And I use Foam rollers with a tight curl :)

Volumizing shampoo also does make a difference.. but that is just a preference of mine :)

If I dont use Lotta Body.. my curls will fall out in an hour.. :rage: :rage: stubbourn hair :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy