Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bomber Jacket Recommendations...

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
I'm looking for a bomber jacket. Recommendations please.

I'm looking for a new one, not one that has survived the decades. Any links would be helpful. Price? Let's keep it under $1k.

Thank you,

M8

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
Thanks guys. That Eastman company looks like it has some good stuff. I'm a brick & mortar type of purchaser. Any good store recommendations?

M8

Edward

Bartender
Fletch said:
Purist, take-no-prisoners definition: Type A-2 must have a one-piece back panel and NOT have side entry pockets (or ideally any inside pockets; exception: 352d FG "Bluenoses").

gaaaaahhhhhh.... I so should not have followed that link. Now I want one of those as well! :eusa_doh:

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Jovan said:
Well, I was saying that the "starving college student A2" is probably one gotten from a thrift store, since it's cheap.

It could also refer to the "current-spec" models from US Wings, Legendary USA, Taylor's Leatherwear, San Francisco Leather Factory, remaining old-stock Coopers, etc., that you can find new sale-priced for around $200 - or lightly used on eBay for less...

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Hi Folks,

Interesting. M8 requested recommendations for a good "bomber jacket". Immediately, everyone started talking about A-2s. What about G-1s, M-422s, A-1s, AN-J-3s, B-3s, B-6s, Irvins and all of the many cloth jackets beginning with the B-10? They flew in bombers, too!

Atticus

The Wingnut

One Too Many
How 'bout a fighter jacket instead? Or a patrol jacket? Liaison jacket?

Oh, wait! There's the ultra-rare torpedo jacket!
tongue0020.gif

I know, not helping...sick of the phrase 'bomber jacket'. It means next to nothing.

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
Gee. I take back the request. No more recommendations on "bomber" jackets please.

I'll just go buy a CoreTech or Joe Rocket jacket for the new motorcycle.

Cheers,

M8

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Oy! I suppose I should have put something in there to indicate a joke.

Look into Atticus' recommendations. There are some great patterns that are off the beaten path and don't look like your typical mall purchase. Much as I like my A-2s, they're a bit more popular than they really should be, and having only two pockets, you're limited with regard to utility.

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
The Wingnut said:
Oy! I suppose I should have put something in there to indicate a joke.

Look into Atticus' recommendations. There are some great patterns that are off the beaten path and don't look like your typical mall purchase. Much as I like my A-2s, they're a bit more popular than they really should be, and having only two pockets, you're limited with regard to utility.

Too late! I already bought a nice synthetic perforated motorcycle jacket (helps with the heat here in Texas) since my last post. Also just put on my first five miles on the new bike for orientation.

I'll learn about bomber jackets later. Maybe if I find a nice one, I'll make a purchase and use it during our short winters for short rides down to the coffee shop.

Cheers,

M8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic