Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BUCKAROO BONANZA! - The Hats that Major Mike Moore Makes

MarkL

One of the Regulars
Wow! It's a beauty!!!

That ribbon with the moss green is an amazing combination! I love it!!!

Once again, Mike Moore has done a great, creative job.

BobC said:
This one arrived today. I found the crown ribbon as I was looking through a box of ribbons at Mike's Buckaroo Hatters shop in Covington last July. I draped the ribbon over a moss green hat from Mike's fedora wall, and realized it was a match made for me to wear. From that came this:

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

Thank you, Mike, for another great looking addition to my little hat family. This one's a beauty.

French

Familiar Face
my 5x silverbelly from the Major

Hi,

I've posted this before, but thought it fitting to add to the bonanza. I purchased this hat from a fellow lounger, who had it converted from a western hat by Major Moore. I have to say, this is the nicest hat I own.

Here are a couple of images
IMGP0702.jpg

IMGP0706.jpg

BobC said:
This one arrived today. I found the crown ribbon as I was looking through a box of ribbons at Mike's Buckaroo Hatters shop in Covington last July. I draped the ribbon over a moss green hat from Mike's fedora wall, and realized it was a match made for me to wear. From that came this:

IMG_0086.jpg

Thank you, Mike, for another great looking addition to my little hat family. This one's a beauty.
Looking good Bob! Glad John didn't get at it with the steamer... lol
As usual, I got to ask... what is brim width, color & size of brim binding, crown size, felt weight, etc.? All the details of this beauty, please...

Spats McGee

One Too Many
French said:
Hi,

I've posted this before, but thought it fitting to add to the bonanza. I purchased this hat from a fellow lounger, who had it converted from a western hat by Major Moore. I have to say, this is the nicest hat I own.

Here are a couple of images
IMGP0702.jpg

IMGP0706.jpg
Very nice, French!

majormoore

Vendor
Brim is 2 1/2" with a 9 linge ribbon for the bound edge, hat band ribbon is a 12 linge, 100% beaver dress weight, 6" open crown.
Hope this helps

Major Moore

gtdean48 said:
Looking good Bob! Glad John didn't get at it with the steamer... lol
As usual, I got to ask... what is brim width, color & size of brim binding, crown size, felt weight, etc.? All the details of this beauty, please...

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gtdean48 said:
Thanks Mike. What is the color of the 9 ligne ribbon against that moss green felt?

Tom, I don't know the name of the binding ribbon color. Mike might be able to give you that, but the pics don't show it as it really is. The color is very close to the dark moss of the felt - just a slight contrast.

BobC

portolan said:
to take Mrs. Stover to dinner before heading back to San Diego tomorrow. We need to talk about Christmas! Best to you. Phil

Good to see you here, Phil. It's been a long time. Welcome back. When I talked to Mike yesterday he asked me if I'd heard from you lately.

majormoore

Vendor
It was some green vintage ribbon , I got from someone, I told the hatter I needed some green as close to the Winchester Moos Green as he had, and he sent me the ribbon that I used.

Several of us hatters have joined up and are having custom run ribbon colors to match the hat bodies we get, at some time I hope we pick the Moss Green body and have the differant linge widths run, we have to order about $5000.00 min in only one color, plus we have to have min runs in the differant linge width.

Major Moore
gtdean48 said:
Thanks Mike. What is the color of the 9 ligne ribbon against that moss green felt?

BobC

Thanks, Bart. It was one of those "I knew I had to have it" kind of things. It's gotten so common my wife doesn't even roll her eyes like this :rolleyes: anymore.

BobC

Thanks to everyone for all the kind comments. My hat's off to Major Mike Moore for this one.

majormoore said:
It was some green vintage ribbon , I got from someone, I told the hatter I needed some green as close to the Winchester Moos Green as he had, and he sent me the ribbon that I used.

Several of us hatters have joined up and are having custom run ribbon colors to match the hat bodies we get, at some time I hope we pick the Moss Green body and have the differant linge widths run, we have to order about $5000.00 min in only one color, plus we have to have min runs in the differant linge width.

Major Moore
Thanks again Mike = Great job as always!

portolan

A-List Customer
Jeanne's Major Moore Gaucho

Jeanne got out her Major Moore Gaucho tonight to wear to the mall and restaurant. Of course, that led to looking at turquoise jewelry necklaces....She really likes the hat a lot. I need to stretch it just a wee bit more for her. She thinks her head is getting bigger....I am very proud of her...just turned 60 and doesn't look a day over ..........? Thanks Mike....

100_5241.jpg

portolan

A-List Customer
My New Mike Moore Buckaroo Fedora!

I emailed Mike the other day. He called me back right away because I had the itch bad! Anyone know what I mean? He told me what he had in stock, and ready to go because I am a really bad waiter when I have the itch. I need to scratch it quickly!

Well he had a 100% beaver fedora in Sahara with bound edge and thin ribbon that he good let go of at a great price...Done deal. When I got home yesterday it was waiting for me. Soooo soft.....Amazingly beautiful hat. I love it. Mrs. P took some pics today and here they are. I now have three customs from Mike and really like each of them. They are each very different...

This one is beaver with a 2 7/8 inch bound edge brim that matches the ribbon. I like the brim flat all the way around....My steamer is in Mexico so I can't steam it so the brim in front is even lower.....I like em that way! I am including pics of the new one as well as one each of my other Mikes...

He is so responsive and sent the hat out immediately....I guess he knows by now my "no wait to scratch the itch" proclivity! Thanks Mike for making this possible for me and getting it to me so quickly....Amazing hat from an amazing guy!

Mike%20Fedora4.jpg

Mike%20Fedora3.jpg

Mike%20Fedora2.jpg

Mike%20Fedora.jpg

GreenBuckaroo.jpg

poser3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran