Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Captain America 40s halfbelt

D

Deleted member 16736

Looks fantastic. Personally, I can't wait to see it in horsehide. Do you have any details on the HH re: weight, tanning process, color, country of origin, etc?

Also, did you design this jacket yourself? I can't find Captain America wearing a leather jacket like this one. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

theman

Vendor
Joel - I patterned it myself in the vanson system, but it is replicated from the jacket he wears in this summer's movie. there is another thread talking about it here--> http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...r-High-Res-Pics-of-the-Captain-America-Jacket

The Horse is similar in weight and thickness to the vintage 30s and 40s Californians I have handled. I'll get more details on the origins and tanning if you like, as I was mainly concerned with the hide in hand when I've had it in hand in other jackets.

D

Deleted member 16736

Joel - I patterned it myself in the vanson system, but it is replicated from the jacket he wears in this summer's movie. there is another thread talking about it here--> http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...r-High-Res-Pics-of-the-Captain-America-Jacket

The Horse is similar in weight and thickness to the vintage 30s and 40s Californians I have handled. I'll get more details on the origins and tanning if you like, as I was mainly concerned with the hide in hand when I've had it in hand in other jackets.

Yes, the weight and tanning process (chrome, veg, or combination tanned) are key. Also, is there a pigment finish on the hide? Thank you very much. You designed a gorgeous jacket.

Last edited by a moderator:

theman

Vendor
Just to give an idea of the other browns available...
this is a link to the really big shot.
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4259/mi9hhdkbn.jpg
And then here is a more forum friendly bit of color...
mi9hhdkbn2.jpg

sleepyMarmot

New in Town
The dark brown is great - very dark chocolate brown- theman custom ordered me a model B in this color from Vanson - quite a durable finish. The finish on the captain A jacket looks more translucent like it shows more of the leather texture - what is the color called?

love to see more pics of a jacket in that vanson m19 color if anyone has em..

Last edited:

theman

Vendor
Hey sleepy - Yes this particular hide shown on the Cap-A is a naked surface type of Octagon. I only have a small batch of it, hence the limited edition of jackets in that particular hide. This type requires almost no break-in period, is very supple and pics up the life of the world around it very quickly.
The standard Octagon is as some of you may have seen recently on a fellow member's Enfield, that type is a marbled effect look with a heavy wax finish that breaks in. Much different types of hide in a similar Octagon family of color.

sleepyMarmot

New in Town
I've seen the other marbled octagon in person and was not a fan . This color is much more subtle - looks great. Is the m19 some sort of naked finish as well?

Last edited:

Viv

Familiar Face
Hey Dan, really nice jacket! Can you check your emails for me please? Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany