Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cardigans, cardigans, cardigans!

magneto

Practically Family
Barbara said:
Hey Magneto,

What kind of yarn would be best for this sweater? Thanks

Hi Barbara,
The cover suggests a worsted weight, so that would be the way to go...Lamb's Pride from Brown Sheep is a good buy available at any yarn store and online...just make sure you do a swatch first and that your gauge matches (6 sts/in and 6 rows/in)

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
cute cardigans??

Where can i find some long sleeve cute cardigans?
I have a sleeve and i have to have it covered for work and i cant seem to find any cute cardigans. I always find them 3/4 length or i find them and they're too thick or too expensive! I also like them to button up all the way.

Also any thing else thats cute that could cover up my tattoos would be great.
[huh]

Kimberly

Practically Family
Thanks LD, I will have to look at this after work today. No lurking here today in between tasks. I will be in meetings in Boston all day. :rolleyes:

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I LOVE all my cardigans! And I bought 100% of them in Goodwill. All of them are well-made, slightly vintage, "old lady" cardigans. New cardigans that you get in the mall just always seem too short for me and the fabric is always so cheap -- after one wash I always have an even shorter, wrinkly mess. At least in my experiences.

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Try Target. I have gotten quite a few cute twin sets there. I think right now they have a cute Argyle one. As a matter of fact, its the one that Lolita Haze is wearing in her vacation pictures. Very cute!

Also, I get alot of my cardi's from JC Penny and Walmart can also be a good source. I will look around on-line later and if I see some cute deals, I will post them :)

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
GoldLeaf said:
Try Target. I have gotten quite a few cute twin sets there. I think right now they have a cute Argyle one. As a matter of fact, its the one that Lolita Haze is wearing in her vacation pictures. Very cute!

I just picked one of those up, but the Targets here only have it in white/creamsicle orange, not red & white. It is very cute, although not anywhere near as cute on me as it is on Lolita! :cry:

It is 3/4 sleeve, so this particular one might not work for positivelypinup if she needs full coverage for work.

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
Maybe the Land's End Fine Gauge Cardigans? I was just looking at sweaters/twin sets and was thinking of picking one of these up. Has anybody tried them?

B000AA7O72.01-A379EYPHAO5LQM._SCLZZZZZZZ_V44213963_AA280_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...7610?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3SINLAJNZ96EA&v=glance

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
I'll have to look into that Land's End one. I need a couple of good work black cardigans. It's tough to find a nice v-neck sweater that isn't cotton and won't fade to gray in a month. Oof!

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
I found some at Express today. I found this cute blue cardigan that was marked 49.00 and it was on sale for 9.99 but there was no signs letting people know so there were tons there. I was so excited!

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
magneto said:
Hi Barbara,
The cover suggests a worsted weight, so that would be the way to go...Lamb's Pride from Brown Sheep is a good buy available at any yarn store and online...just make sure you do a swatch first and that your gauge matches (6 sts/in and 6 rows/in)

I'm going to try this in Cascade 220, I can't do the lambs pride due to the mohair content and I find that cascade wears better.

PS

A-List Customer
The Gap has some cute cable knit cardigans on sale right now. The sale prices is by color. But they have the cutest wrist detail, 3 buttons. Not something I had seen on more moderns cardis, which I hate to see can be very bland. I picked up a yellow for 12.99.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot