Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cardigans, cardigans, cardigans!

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
PS said:
The Gap has some cute cable knit cardigans on sale right now. The sale prices is by color. But they have the cutest wrist detail, 3 buttons. Not something I had seen on more moderns cardis, which I hate to see can be very bland. I picked up a yellow for 12.99.

Do you mean this one?
gp581472-03viv01.jpg

It's $32.99 on their website. Looks cute, maybe I'll have to check out their store.

I love this one from Old Navy:
on592898-04av3v01.jpg
It's only $20 and it fits really well. It's 100% cotton.

PS

A-List Customer
Audrey Horne said:
Do you mean this one?
gp581472-03viv01.jpg

It's $32.99 on their website. Looks cute, maybe I'll have to check out their store.

I love this one from Old Navy:
on592898-04av3v01.jpg
It's only $20 and it fits really well. It's 100% cotton.

Yes thats it! I went back for more thinking the others were just mis-priced. But the sales girl said it goes by color. I like the little ruffle color on the ON cardi!
Gap sales are always better in store.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
PS said:
Yes thats it! I went back for more thinking the others were just mis-priced. But the sales girl said it goes by color. I like the little ruffle color on the ON cardi!
Gap sales are always better in store.
Isn't the ruffle adorable? I've been looking all over for the perfect one. There's also this from JCrew:
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/sweaters/dream/PRDOVR~96653/99101516893/96653.jsp
Too bad it's on sale and it's still $88. The ruffle is silk chiffon.

64tonya

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
I've got a bunch of vintage/vintagey-looking cardigans -- and every one of them came from Goodwill. Most every Goodwill I've ever been in has a rack of sweaters -- and there's a pretty good chance there'll be some cardigans in the mix.
:eusa_clap I agree! Some of my best sweaters are from goodwill, salvation and amvets. I often add buttons and appliques/iron ons to spruce them up or the ever popular brooch.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Goodwill, St. Vincent de Paul, Thrift Town

I never buy anything new if I can find it used.
That cardy with the roses is gorgeous, but $195??? Crazy.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ive lost faith in thrift stores. Or should I say, CA thrift stores. All you find are Forever 21 cast offs and poly acrylic nothingness.
I went to a really large thrift store hoping to find at least one cardie, maybe two. Nothing. Nothing at all :(

The wasted hours and false hope - I give up! You get there optimistic only to have it dashed with a crappy t-shirt stained to the heavens.

My vent for the day :eek:

LD

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
I love Cardigans! Mainly for their warmth. I'm cold all the time and wear them all year long.

Lady Day, keep your eyes peeled. Ann Taylor Loft always carries nice cardigans. They are a great quality. They can be a bit pricey, but the ones that come out around the holidays have ruffling and bra hooks, velvet trimming etc. They usually run between 40-60 bucks. Not bad, considering they last forever. Don't mind me, I'm biased, I use to work there and fell in love with a lot of their things. I need to go back and work there. LOL!

decodoll

Practically Family
Lareesie Ladavi said:
I love Cardigans! Mainly for their warmth. I'm cold all the time and wear them all year long.

Lady Day, keep your eyes peeled. Ann Taylor Loft always carries nice cardigans. They are a great quality. They can be a bit pricey, but the ones that come out around the holidays have ruffling and bra hooks, velvet trimming etc. They usually run between 40-60 bucks. Not bad, considering they last forever. Don't mind me, I'm biased, I use to work there and fell in love with a lot of their things. I need to go back and work there. LOL!

I'll second LOFT. After vintage stores and Anthropologie, which I can't afford to shop at too much, they are my favourite. They have a lot of great sales too.

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Tell me about it...

Lady Day said:
Ive lost faith in thrift stores. Or should I say, CA thrift stores. All you find are Forever 21 cast offs and poly acrylic nothingness.
I went to a really large thrift store hoping to find at least one cardie, maybe two. Nothing. Nothing at all :(

The wasted hours and false hope - I give up! You get there optimistic only to have it dashed with a crappy t-shirt stained to the heavens.

My vent for the day :eek:

LD
The recent 2-tone black and mustard vintage italian cardie I found (1.99:D ) was certainly the exception to the rule. Ca thrift stores are so picked over! (The ebay vultures) Well, I can't complain I guess...I'd be one too if I could ever find anything good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran