Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cardigans, cardigans, cardigans!

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Did you try searching the huge thread on cardigans?

I got a nice beaded emerald green cardigan from Old Navy a few years ago. It was a nice repro of a vintage style. Perhaps closer to the holidays, you could check out Old Navy? they always seem to have some sort of holiday beaded cardigans every year.

Foofoogal

Banned
Did you try searching the huge thread on cardigans?
-------------------------------
do you mean this one that my post was moved to? I don't see a green one.
Cashmere vintage beaded one would be even better.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Check out this cardigan that I just found on the Target website:

517OK-wEdaL._AA260_.jpg

Vintage Verve

New in Town
Lady Day said:
Ive lost faith in thrift stores. Or should I say, CA thrift stores. All you find are Forever 21 cast offs and poly acrylic nothingness.
I went to a really large thrift store hoping to find at least one cardie, maybe two. Nothing. Nothing at all :(

The wasted hours and false hope - I give up! You get there optimistic only to have it dashed with a crappy t-shirt stained to the heavens.

My vent for the day :eek:

LD

We are a little spoilt for choice here in Melbourne. This is one of my own recent finds - and in a larger size to boot :)

Miss 1929 said:
I never buy anything new if I can find it used.
That cardy with the roses is gorgeous, but $195??? Crazy.

I'm with you on that one, but I must admit that I don't always have true vintage items as lots of my wardrobe is reproduction.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
nico demouse said:
My Target has that and I almost picked it up. It has some sparkle to it. I wasn't sure if that was "correct" or not. It is really cute.

Nico, I think this cardigan is very correct. Even if it isn't, so what! It's cute. Fair Isle patterned cardigans are very traditional. I like the cut of the cardigan also. It seems like all of the cardigans that I find are very boxy in shape.

newtovintage

One of the Regulars
BeBopBaby said:
Nico, I think this cardigan is very correct. Even if it isn't, so what! It's cute. Fair Isle patterned cardigans are very traditional. I like the cut of the cardigan also. It seems like all of the cardigans that I find are very boxy in shape.

Actually, I have a book from my library on knitting clothing for the 20s,30s, and 40s and it has actual primary pictures of sweaters and other things from that time. And there is a picture of a sweater with a Fair Isle design and looks almost exactly like the red one posted above. The sweater/cardigan was from 1949. And very beautiful. It's a great book, printed in the 70s. Even if you don't know how to knit, the pictures are great to look at.
Sarah

Mariposa625

New in Town
LizzieMaine said:
I've got a bunch of vintage/vintagey-looking cardigans -- and every one of them came from Goodwill. Most every Goodwill I've ever been in has a rack of sweaters -- and there's a pretty good chance there'll be some cardigans in the mix.

Me too. I've had the best luck finding most all of my cardigans from Goodwill or other thrift stores. I really suggest trying them first before you fish out $30+ for something new. ;)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
Check out this cardigan that I just found on the Target website:

517OK-wEdaL._AA260_.jpg
Just a word of warning: I have this sweater and even though I washed it in cold and laid it out to dry, it still shrank alot on the first washing. I recommend handwashing it only.

Esme

One of the Regulars
That Dita sweater is Wheels and Dollbaby, that is why it is so much. That's designer, baby. I will keep an eye out for the knock-offs, they are bound to be around. I will let you all know if I see any.

klara

One of the Regulars
Goldfish said:
I really like this one...

ditarose_01.jpg

I auctually have this cardigan in peach, and it's truly a beauty in person. But I have to warn you ladies, it can not be cleaned. I asked my drycleaner and she refused to clean it. The black colour transfers to the peach fabric, the cardigan auctually got a couple of spots just from being folded.:(

Paisley

I'll Lock Up

JennyLou

Practically Family
My everyday wear is jeans, a tank top and a cardigan over that but I'm really getting tired of that look. I wish I had more cardigans to wear like a blouse with a cute skirt or trousers.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I think United Colors of Benetton make some lovely basic cardigans, nice quality for the price, with lovely rounded neck (also available with V-neck) - and best of all, they come in all the colors you can imagine!

You can get them with pearl buttons, which is cute, or with plain ones (boring, but as some of the ladies said, it's easy to change them).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran