Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

College Football!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Hall of Fame

Chris Zorich, University of Notre Dame Class of '91, and two-time
All American defensive tackle has been inducted into the College Football
Hall of Fame. :eusa_clap

panamag8or

Practically Family
RedPop4 said:
Tigers open the season on Thursday August 30th on national TV vs. the Bulldogs of Moo U. I'm really looking forward to this season, with so many of our big games in Tiger Stadium.

Many Tiger fans, myself included, are eyeing the Tiger Stadium match-up with the Hokies of Frank Beamer. They beat us in Blacksburg in 2000, and have been ducking LSU ever since, cancelling at least two games up to this point. That's on Sept 8, and I hope it stays a Saturday night game.

That's just the early season, We have Auburn at home, Florida at home. Conventional Wisdom says that we have a schedule tailor-made for a championship run. I'm not counting any chickens, however. The late season calendar circling also marks a date in Tuscaloosa with a certain former coach

I ordered 4 tickets to the UF-LSU game, but they are going to a friend that is a big tiger fan. I wouldn't mind going to another game in Tiger Stadium, though...I think it is one of the neatest looking stadiums around. Going back to your band post, I also like their band, behind florida's, of course. The director was at Florida before heading to red stick, and the color guard instructor went to my high school.

eta: Thanks ever so much for getting that infernal "Tiger Rag" stuck in my head.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Tiger Rag

I'd like to see the Tigers in the Rose Bowl this year,
with the LSU band doin' the tiger rag,
and the Trojan crowd awed by this spectacle.
And the Trojans get mauled, of course....:)

RedPop4

One Too Many
Well, I'd normally agree with you, however the BCS Championship is here in New Orleans, and while we've gone to the Sugar Bowl an awful lot, and we WOULD like a shot at the Rose Bowl one day, I'd really like to see LSU in the national championship game.

I tell you, I was really hoping for a Rose Bowl berth this year. I'd watch the Tournament of Roses JUST to see the Golden Band from Tigerland take that turn onto Colorado Boulevard with the lovely Golden Girls leading the way. Have them stop at the reviewing stands, then play the Pre-Game Salute to the Four Corners of the Stadium. "Hail to the Victors," and all the others have nothing on the sheer drama that is the Golden Band Pagaent and pre-game.

California hasn't seen anything like this. The Tournament of Roses would never be the same.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I had so hoped to see LSU in the Rose Bowl instead of paired against
the admittedly non-deserving Irish; however, a Tigers' championship win in
New Orleans this season would greatly compensate for last season's
disappointment.

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
panamag8or said:
Why? You go to Clemson.;)

That was hateful. haha, jk. Well...we're good half the time. We were #10 in the nation for a second, then it was downhill from there and I don't like to talk about how we lost to stupid South Carolina. The thought still upsets me. And I'm not exactly comforted that they are (I think) #3 in the nation for recruiting this year. uggggggghhh

All this talk about tigers, I have to remember y'all are talking about LSU, not Clemson.

Mister_Ed

New in Town
Hey Miss Lucy June, you are not alone! Clemson Class of '77 here. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Did you survive your finals? It's been 30 years and I still have nightmares.

You're right, it does hurt to lose to those dang Coots, even if it is about once every decade. Not to worry, though. About half of their prize recruiting class will be in the Richland County Detention Center by August at the rate they're going lol lol lol.

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
Mister_Ed said:
Hey Miss Lucy June, you are not alone! Clemson Class of '77 here. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Did you survive your finals? It's been 30 years and I still have nightmares.

You're right, it does hurt to lose to those dang Coots, even if it is about once every decade. Not to worry, though. About half of their prize recruiting class will be in the Richland County Detention Center by August at the rate they're going lol lol lol.

hahahahaha

You're right, they will all end up in jail. I laugh, but that's probably not too far from the truth!

Nice! A Clemson alumn! I did survive finals, it was an easier semester for me. I'm home now, and I already miss it. There's just something in those hills...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Miss Lucy June said:
we lost to stupid South Carolina. The thought still upsets me. And I'm not exactly comforted that they are (I think) #3 in the nation for recruiting this year. uggggggghh
You best get used to losing to South Carolina, Miss LJ. Spurrier will build the Gamecocks into a Top Ten program in no time, just watch.

I'm beginning to think college football discussions may have to go the way of talking politics here...

Too bad my hometown team, the UW Huskies, haven't really been able to get their act together since Don James.

"PAC 9: IF YOU CAN'T BEAT 'EM, DISQUALIFY 'EM!"

I could probably learn the ins and outs of Southern (especially Carolinas in particular) college ball, though, if I had the right reason to... ;)

panamag8or

Practically Family
Miss Lucy June said:
That was hateful. haha, jk. Well...we're good half the time. We were #10 in the nation for a second, then it was downhill from there and I don't like to talk about how we lost to stupid South Carolina. The thought still upsets me. And I'm not exactly comforted that they are (I think) #3 in the nation for recruiting this year. uggggggghhh

All this talk about tigers, I have to remember y'all are talking about LSU, not Clemson.

It's okay, we lost to them, too. Almost lost to them this year, also.

panamag8or

Practically Family
RedPop4 said:
Well, I'd normally agree with you, however the BCS Championship is here in New Orleans, and while we've gone to the Sugar Bowl an awful lot, and we WOULD like a shot at the Rose Bowl one day, I'd really like to see LSU in the national championship game.

I tell you, I was really hoping for a Rose Bowl berth this year. I'd watch the Tournament of Roses JUST to see the Golden Band from Tigerland take that turn onto Colorado Boulevard with the lovely Golden Girls leading the way. Have them stop at the reviewing stands, then play the Pre-Game Salute to the Four Corners of the Stadium. "Hail to the Victors," and all the others have nothing on the sheer drama that is the Golden Band Pagaent and pre-game.

California hasn't seen anything like this. The Tournament of Roses would never be the same.

Since Florida will again be playing for the BCS in N.O., you might get your Rose Bowl wish after all.:D

photobyalan

A-List Customer
RedPop4 said:
That's just the early season, We have Auburn at home, Florida at home. Conventional Wisdom says that we have a schedule tailor-made for a championship run.

As of now, it looks like I will be in Baton Rouge for the Florida-LSU game and staying in the Big Easy for a couple days. Hopefully my Gators will have something to say about your championship...

I've never been to New Orleans. Is there any sort of nightlife there? ;)

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Notre Dame Update

Notre Dame senior center John Sullivan recently named to
the Outland Trophy Watch list, was also cited by NFL Draft
analyst Mel Kiper as 2007 #1 college football center. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou