Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
My wife saw an ad for Tecovas boots online and bought me a pair of their roper boots.

I really like them, simple design and very soft calf leather - fit perfectly.

The company was started by a couple of young guys in Austin and they outsource the manufacturing to a company over the border.

6af2c5e40d1cc5922f4999c4c66a564e.jpg

Cheers! David

Those are really nice boots, just my style. Let me know if your wife finds any others in size 11 1/2 D on ebay. :)

They weren't made for walking, they were definitely made for riding.

Obviously they were made for riding but it's a misconception that a tall heeled cowboy boot cannot be worn for long periods out of the saddle and walked in comfortably. If a cowboy boot with a higher heel is well made, fitted properly and balanced, one should be able to walk in them as well as any low heeled boot.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I'm sure there are a lot of really nice boots out there, but these seem pretty decent for the money. Never tried them myself.

https://www.tecovas.com/products/the-earl-choco
I like those a lot and would try them, save that I'm a little leery of ordering boots and shoes online. Especially a boot, however soft it might be. I like to be sure it fits comfortably from the very beginning.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Spent some time i Guanajuato, Guanajuato Mexico. Leon Guanajuato Mexico is famous for their boots. Lots of big factories, as well as small hand crafted boots made by craftsmen since the 1800s. .

If you see guys wearing these style boots you should walk lightly around them, and be very respectful.

http://www.botasjever.com/Shop/indexH.php

:)

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@BobHufford, very cool. I'd love to know who made those boots.
I really enjoy seeing photos of the West during that time period. Thought I would post a picture of my boots. Nothing spectacular here. Brown Tony Lama, black python Tony Lama, black Tony Lama, grey Nocona, and black ostrich Nocona. None of the Lamas are black label, but my wife has some.
668ab365d2a3e3b580af79a37dc4ac82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Desert dog

Great, DD. Love seeing some new postings in this thread. The shirt is killer!
Thank you, I appreciate the welcome. I just scored a pair of Nocona natural python, made in Nocona. I hope I didn't disappoint anyone here. They look pretty good. I will post some photos when they arrive.

Thank you, I appreciate the welcome. I just scored a pair of Nocona natural python, made in Nocona. I hope I didn't disappoint anyone here. They look pretty good. I will post some photos when they arrive.

Disappoint? I don't see how. Noconas made in Nocona are about as good as they get. I wish the big three still made all of their boots here. I might not own anything else if that was the case.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I really enjoy seeing photos of the West during that time period. Thought I would post a picture of my boots. Nothing spectacular here. Brown Tony Lama, black python Tony Lama, black Tony Lama, grey Nocona, and black ostrich Nocona. None of the Lamas are black label, but my wife has some.
668ab365d2a3e3b580af79a37dc4ac82.jpg

Nothing special? Looks pretty special to me. Only 4 Tony Roma's. I have always loved them. Bought my first pair in Albuquerque in 1972 along with a straw Resistol. I'm sure I looked pretty silly for a long haired teenager from NYC.

Desert dog

Disappoint? I don't see how. Noconas made in Nocona are about as good as they get. I wish the big three still made all of their boots here. I might not own anything else if that was the case.
I just thought someone here might have bid on them. I agree with you about the big three, that's why I like finding the good ones. I don't mean to bore anyone with this, but when I worked and managed a western store '74-'78, you could custom order boots from Tony Lana. I ordered a paid of j toe Anaconda, with the most extreme riding heel they offered. Higher than normal tops and my choice of top stitching. Before I could get them I accepted a job offer elsewhere, and although I left on good terms. The store owners resented me leaving and I found out later they had cancelled my order. Oh well, I got a lot of Lamas at cost while I worked there.

Desert dog

Nothing special? Looks pretty special to me. Only 4 Tony Roma's. I have always loved them. Bought my first pair in Albuquerque in 1972 along with a straw Resistol. I'm sure I looked pretty silly for a long haired teenager from NYC.
Thank you, I bet you weren't silly looking at all. Southern rock was popular, and I went to see Lynrd Skynrd as a long hair with western hat and boots in 1974. Billy Powell was even wearing an embroidered H bar C shirt. Western was rockin.

The way the boot making market is now, it's hard to believe that there used to be a number of makers that actually catered to the individual customers needs and desires and still put out a quality product at a reasonable price. I have a pair of TL's from the late 50's to mid 60's that I would put up against most of the customs I own. When handled, it's almost hard to believe they were a mass marketed boot, especially compared to today's junk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy