Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cufflinks and Shirt Studs.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Babydoll said:
Just came across a pair of cufflinks online that are made from old typewriter keys. I think they're pretty cool!

http://www.prettygoodgoods.org/product/show/4665

Yes, those are cool, but I wish they were made with reproduction keys. I understand that vintage typewriters are becoming harder to find, in part because they're being cannibalized to make this jewelry.

rockyj

One of the Regulars
Like those Bulldog cuffs

scotrace said:
Some of my cufflinks. A nickel for scale. The black rectangle at front is a 20's shirt stud. Note the rather scarce bulldog. My very favorite are the deco mother-of-pearl. Given as a gift, they're from the late 40's. The original owner was a young relative who died suddenly on the basketball court in his teens. Very precious thing due to my having been honored with it.

cufflinks1.jpg
Would you mind telling me where you got them or had them made

Lancealot

Practically Family
Cufflinks

I mentioned in another post I had picked up a French Cuff shirt. I mentioned it to my mother and she did some digging a ther house and found a pair of cufflinks my father had and gave them to me. I would guess them to be about 35-40 years old. I was wondering if ya'll could help me figure out any history on them. The only manufacturer indication I see is is stamped on one side it says J.M. sterling.
009.jpg

Thanks for your help.

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
I kinda like 'em......Look to be a deep, dark blue when the flash isn't on them directly (looking at the shrit stud in the upper right of the pic).

But no, I wouldn't say they are too flashy at all.....Nice set!!

Feraud

Bartender
Not sure where to post this but I just wanted to give a heads up on how stylish we are. ;)
Collar Bars!
scan0187.jpg

scan0190.jpg

scan0191.jpg

Collar bar on a button down shirt. Hmm...
scan0192.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
rockyj said:
Would you mind telling me where you got them or had them made

I'm sorry Rockyj, I just saw this request this morning! :(

The shirt stud is from eBay. The rest are all either gifts or were handed down to me.

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Here are some collar bars:

Picture210.jpg

(Rolled gold, gilt and chrome respectively, I think)

An old favourite - bachelor's button style gilt and glass/paste evening cufflinks with glass/paste studs:

Picture205.jpg

A modern set of studs and links - cream and black enamel by Austin Reed:

Picture212.jpg

Just by way of variation, two watch chains/straps, one a fancy silver link, the other plaited leather:

Picture209.jpg

finally, a brass and celluloid studs and links box:

Picture207.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab

Foofoogal

Banned
I agree Feraud. Ouch!
I am glad I am female but cufflinks solely make me want to be a man. I think they just scream class. That studs and links box is amazing.
Still wondering if they make a book on cufflinks as I cannot find it if they do and if not someone needs to write one.
Did find a few sites online that sells them exclusively though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21