Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

D.O.A.

Feraud

Bartender
Widebrim said:
That is a great idea! I would do that, too, and have Murder, My Sweet, Kansas City Confidential, and Where the Sidewalk Ends, too (if they'd all fit[huh] ).
I also have M, Beat the Devil, His Girl Friday, Green Glove, and The Amazing Mr. X on the Iphone.

MillersXing

New in Town
remake

I remember DOA has a kid. If I remember it was Florescent paint that killed him. A few years later there was a florescent paint that you could buy and put on things in your house (toys and such), to make them glow. My big sister bought it and put it on everything and I was terrified! Always loved the opening where a guy goes into a police station and says: "I want to report a murder", and the cop says: "Who's"? and he says: "Mine".
The remake (Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid I think) was, as expected awful. What made DOA work, as did those kind of movies (like Panic In The Streets), was the Black and White quality. Fedora's and baggy suits, and everyone with a bottle of Rye on their dresser. Alas, all gone now, and it can't be remade.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
D.O.A. can be downloaded from the movie section of archive.org along with some other film noir classics such as T-men,Detour and Scarlet Street. Apparently they have become public domain.

Yeah, that is a great site. Many critics like D.O.A., but at least one has commented that he thinks O'Brien is too bug-eyed and over-dramatic at times. I've mentioned in another thread that the wolf whistles at the beginning are annoying and ridiculous. I also think that O'Brien's girlfriend's roll is cartoonishly-written; the way she fawns all over him, no wonder the guy wants to take a powder...Still, the film is one of my favorites, and I've got a good DVD copy of it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn