Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dare to Dream: Your "Ultimate" Leather Jacket

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Russet Bootlegger with Irvin "cream" color collar.
Spider rally.png

Mark

Practically Family
I love my Ducati but could never really get completely used to it. It's the coolest thing ever to ride but too sporty. For me. I guess I'm just not cut out for it...
Sounds like you are ready for a Harley.;)

Bern1

One of the Regulars
Love this thread! Really, I have six dream jackets in the closet right now. I'm trying to be content with that. Having said that, the closest would be the Aero Teamster. I've been staving off the urge to buy one for a year, telling myself I already have more jackets than I need.......

Oh, and as long as I am dreaming, an original Lotus 7 in BRG to match that jacket on a brisk fall day in an open top car!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Well said Bern1. I'm really trying to focus more upon what I have, and am very blessed to have indeed. I just let a Highwayman go (Aero) and have not more than tried on another Highwayman (Vanson) that could well take 10 years just to break in.

Edward

Bartender
The ultimate dream leather jacket, a perfect, buttery A1, which I'd coveted for a decade, arrived in the spring of last year from the custom maker TWO blasted sizes too small and unwearable. After refusing to take it back, I ended up selling it on eBay for a 1/4 of its value. A damned heartbreak.

Ouch, that's gotta hurt. That's the real killer with buying anything at a distance and where you can't just try it on... :(

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Ouch, that's gotta hurt. That's the real killer with buying anything at a distance and where you can't just try it on... :(
I had a look at Eastmans more 'authentic'(compared to the older version)
cape skin A1 at the pop up shop, also the Air Comfort. Good job I did, now I know not to buy either even second hand. Nothing wrong with the or the fit just neither is my taste in leather.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
My brother. used to have a VW thing. The fuel gauge was a stick we put down into the tank to see how much gas was left by the wet spot..
With VW's everyone says 'No Worries'. Have they had a lobotomy or something? I had a gutless wonder 1600 camper. It blew up on number 3 pot. "They often go on that one" my VW enthusiast mate told me. "I wish you had told me that and I would have bought a Ford Transit so I would not be 'Worried' about it blowing a piston on 3 pot" I rather crossly replied. I did fix it eventually and sold it at a small profit to fund something more interesting and reliable. like a new welding machine.

Stand By

One Too Many
I suddenly find myself dreaming and looking around jackets that I have coveted for some years as I suddenly have some unexpected money coming my way and it's a true novelty for me to be able to treat myself - and I'm 50 next week too, so this will be a happy birthday gift to myself! I don't have the disposable income I used to have, what with the house and bills and other commitments (rescued dogs) and such, so I have been resigned to simply enjoying what I have and enjoying everyone else's jackets here somewhat vicariously. And I have what I need in the jackets I have.
So I feel that I can treat myself to something special - but it's a real dilemma!
I am also in the process of buying a new house just outside of the city, and thus, I will be trading the bike gear and bike courier bag and the mountain bikes (something I've done since I started working when I was 18!) for regular commuter clothes as I'll be in the car and on the subways (noise-cancelling headphones will be on my list too!) ... but I'll be riding the mountain and cyclocross bikes at weekends on the horse trails in the forests right at the end of the new property, so I hope to stay in shape and still fit my jackets.
The winters are reliably long and cold here, so I could opt for an ELC ANJ-4 and that would make the most sense. But I do have an ELC Irvin and RW B-3 so I don't need one, but I know I'd enjoy the heck out of one and it'd be used and I tried one on at RAF Duxford last year and I loved it and it fitted perfectly so I know it'd be a safe choice.
I'd like an ELC Werber A2 as I do love those caramel knits - or just another A2 as I'd love to paint another design on the back panel and post another tutorial here on TFL - but I have my Aero ANJ-3 and it's my girlfriend's favourite jacket of all the ones I have and it's the jacket that gets the most comments from strangers, so I don't need one, but I'd like one.
I also really like the ELC RW B-15A made from the NOS cotton twill too as I only have my Buzz L2-A for a material jacket and it's a limited thing as they only have so much of the NOS material ... but I have my ELC RW B-6 and therefore have those temps covered with that. But I know I'd like it.
A nice M422-A would be too close to my ANJ-3 but the Flight Jackets G-8 that was being discussed recently was nice. I even like their Barnstormer jacket.
I want to get some Buzz khaki chinos and a sweatshirt from HPA too. And some new boots to replace my ailing Blundstones.
It's a lovely dilemma to have. I'm so not used to this! I feel like a dog in a forest!

Last edited:

Bjorn240

One of the Regulars
My dream jacket is very simple: Vanson TC, 1 inch extra body length and arm length, pockets for armor and mesh lining, no patches except for a Vanson patch on the left breast and Vanson in 2" yellow leather letters along both sleeve fronts. Would nicely split the difference between my Vanson AR2 and my Sportrider.

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Dream leather jackets and motorized transportation - what a combo.

As for my dream jacket, I received mine on Tuesday. An Aero Long Half-belt in Cordovan CXL Steerhide which I introduced on a seperate thread. I try not to dream too big and am more than content with such a modest jacket considering what one could spend if money were no obstacle.

My dream car is something that is a bit uncommon compared to other choices in this thread but I've had a passion for a Citroen DS Pallas ever since I was a teen. This particular vehicle was designed way back in the mid-50's but still looks contemporary even today.

View attachment 50102

My new LHB in cordovan and this Citroen DS would make a great match!

Yep, it's gotta be a Citroen. I don't likenew cars.

Stand By

One Too Many
I like a Aero Bootlegger of course, ah, but then there's an Aero Longshoreman! Why go military with an ANJ-4? I'll be commuting and in a car and on the subway and it'd be warm enough... and I love the simple, classic style and this brown:
http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=27
But yet, vintage military jackets seem to suit my soul inside as well as me on the outside, and the ANJ-4 calls me. It's like the sweet, sweet siren song .... aarrgghh!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo