Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Agreed. And - spot on, I always got excited when they were on Wide World of Sports (a lot fewer things to do and watch back in those days).

Yeah, but I'd trade a month of ESPN for a Saturday afternoon filled with the Globetrotters, downhill skiing, a lumberjack competition, some weird Tibetan sport I've never heard of, and barrel jumping on ice skates. I can hear the theme song welling up now.

Inkstainedwretch

One Too Many
I saw the Globetrotters play In Kalamazoo, MI around '60-'61. Meadowlark and Curly were among them. Althea Gibson gave a tennis demonstration at the same event. My God, that was 55 years ago! It can't be!

Another sports death...former Major Leaguer Dave Henderson died yesterday at age 57. Henderson is probably best remembered for his 2-out, 2-run home run in the 9th inning of Game 5 of the 1986 American League Championship Series, keeping the Red Sox alive long enough to go on to win the pennant.

mr_lits

A-List Customer
2970_1246596182073857_944886118376240614_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy