Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

7b93764da28b8f9ba92c84e1dec52b2b.jpg

Artist Elsworth Kelly has also passed. I believe he was 92.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister, frontman of Motorhead, died of cancer today, aged 70.
According to a couple of online sites I read, he was informed on Saturday that he had an aggressive form of cancer. That's gotta' suck. "Mr. Kilmister, you have cancer." "Yeah? How much time do I have left?" "Uhhh...two days." o_O

Cocker

Practically Family
According to a couple of online sites I read, he was informed on Saturday that he had an aggressive form of cancer. That's gotta' suck. "Mr. Kilmister, you have cancer." "Yeah? How much time do I have left?" "Uhhh...two days." o_O

IF this is true, he went the same way he lived, fast. I couldn't imagine him living two years with a cancer.

I'm not the one to usually mourn the death of celebrities, but Lemmy was way more than that to me. With him, the last rock'n'roll legend is gone.

RIP Lemmy, you'll be sorely missed.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
New Englanders everywhere are pausing to remember former Red Sox third baseman Frank Malzone, who died today at 85. A working member of the Sox organization for 68 of the past 69 years, Malzone had the great misfortune of having his playing career fit almost completely into that bracket of time in the fifties and sixties when the Sox were the dregs of the American League, and of having his career parallel the rise of the only third baseman who could beat him with the glove, Brooks Robinson of the Orioles.

His greatest contributions to the club came after his playing days -- for nearly fifty years he'd been a coach, advisor, and special instructor in the Red Sox farm system, and every infielder to come up thru the system from Rico Petrocelli to Nomar Garciaparra to Dustin Pedroia learned from him. RIP, #11, a nice guy who never got the breaks he deserved.

dec-29-frank-malzone-mlb-player_x4gz5w3kxn4h1mylpciungita.jpg

John Bradbury, drummer for The Specials. Two-tone is probably the most recently recorded music I still have much interest in listening to.

And only 62 years old; that's a shame. As I remember it, and I could be wrong, The Specials were modestly successful here in the U.S. in the late-1970s and early- to mid-1980s, but because Americans were just discovering 2-Tone, Ska, and Reggae, along with Punk, they tended to get confused with other bands and sort of lost in the mix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy