Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
German choreographer/director Pina Bausch, 68.

bausch.jpg

Actor Harve Presnell, 75.

presnell.jpg

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Just saw the last part of the MJ sendoff on CNN. Mother was watching it. I have to concede, it was done tastefully and, when his little daughter got up at the end and spontaneously spoke, it was a tear jerker, for certain.

I can't believe -- are they really going to put him in Forest Lawn. They'll have to hire armed guards day and night. There will be armies of fans there, wanting to leave flowers and some souvenir hunters wanting a chip of marble. Will Forest Lawn be able to handle that?

This isn't going to be some "lady in black" who will visit a grave for eons (Valentino) or someone leaving roses daily (Dimaggio/Monroe).

I am thinking of Jim Morrison's grave in that venerable old graveyard in Paris, and what has happened to that place; or James Dean in Fairmont, Indiana -- whose tombstone has been taken at least twice.

karol

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
K.D. Lightner said:
Just saw the last part of the MJ sendoff on CNN. Mother was watching it. I have to concede, it was done tastefully and, when his little daughter got up at the end and spontaneously spoke, it was a tear jerker, for certain.
[YOUTUBE]NzHJyKkEOHQ[/YOUTUBE]

JennyLou

Practically Family
I am honored to say that I personally knew Bob. He was a wonderful guy and I loved seeing him whenever I would go to an organ concert. He will be missed by many.
Miss Neecerie said:
Bob Mitchell, an organist who was the first such house musician at Dodger Stadium and the last surviving working accompanist from the silent-film era, has died. He was 96.

Those of us who have heard him play recently....will always remember the experience.

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-bob-mitchell9-2009jul09,0,1836294.story

LizzieMaine

Bartender
A moment of silence for Walter Cronkite, an actual journalist who happened to work in television, as opposed to a television journalist, who has just passed away at the age of 92. For those of us of a certain age in a certain place, he was our link to the rest of the world.

TraditionalFrog

One of the Regulars
I for one will miss Walter.

Even though I was quite young when he signed off for the last time, I always thought of him as kindly and fair.

A true gentleman and reporter.

"That's the way it is Friday, July 17, 2009".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic