Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
No, but a loud belch in a public place could offend or even make some feel squeamish about eating. Not everyone thinks that bodily emissions above or below are "cute." Most folks don't spend good cash money in a restaurant to listen to other people's kids emotings.

As it is, kids are noisy enough at public restaurants, whining,screaming, crying, talking loud, running through the restaurant. If they start belching and passing gas, I think I will just stay home.

They didn't act like that in the Golden Era. Come to think of it, we of the working class rarely dined out in the Golden Era. But when we did, kids were quiet and well-behaved.

I'm off-topic.

Gidget's death reminded me of my own litte chihuahua, who died of a brain tumor at age 8. Wish he had been able to live to be 15, he'd still be alive.

kdl

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
K.D. Lightner said:
Gidget's death reminded me of my own litte chihuahua, who died of a brain tumor at age 8. Wish he had been able to live to be 15, he'd still be alive.

kdl

I know my lil chihuahua Cosette was 16 years old or so. I still have not gotten over her.:( She was the meanest dog on earth...lol lol lol

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Carlisle -- I know what you mean, I miss my little guy every day of my life. Part of me wants to run out and get another dog (or dogs), another part of me never wants to go through that sorrow again.

Your dog was the meanest? I thought my dog was the meanest!

Pound-for-pound, they say, chihuahua are the meanest dogs on the planet. Good thing they are so tiny. Probably Gidget was not a mean dog or they would not have been able to work with her.

karol

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Harry Patch, 111

The last World War I British soldier has died. Harry Patch was 111 years old, there are no more WWI veterans left in Britain, although there is a man who is 108 years old who says he was a bicyce courier during the Great War.

Just last week, Henry Allingham died at age 113, he was the last airman.

Only three veterans left now, plus one contested claim and one Polish man who fought in another conflict during that era.

karol

Feraud

Bartender
K.D. Lightner said:
No, but a loud belch in a public place could offend or even make some feel squeamish about eating. Not everyone thinks that bodily emissions above or below are "cute." Most folks don't spend good cash money in a restaurant to listen to other people's kids emotings.

As it is, kids are noisy enough at public restaurants, whining,screaming, crying, talking loud, running through the restaurant. If they start belching and passing gas, I think I will just stay home.
No I don't spend good money in any public restaurant to be subjected to such disgusting adult behavior.
I'd request the restaurant toss 'em out.

Chas

One Too Many
tempestbella42 said:
very sad, that its been so long...at least now his family can have some sort of "closure" xx

Aw, s**t. I never had a chance to see him live. Gotta hurry and catch Sonny Burgess, he's almost the last of the original Sun Rockabillies.

I guess Billy Lee finally jumped back upon the flying saucer.
[YOUTUBE]<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wAs2fL2olSs&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wAs2fL2olSs&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Sad News about Sam The Koala

0211_water_koala.jpg

Sam the koala, who gained worldwide fame and sympathy when she was rescued during Australia's devastating wildfires, died today during an operation to save her from a life-threatening disease.

The four-year-old koala had developed cysts associated with urogenital chlamydiosis, which affects up to 50 per cent of Australia's koala population.

During surgery, the disease was found to be so advanced that it was inoperable and Sam was put to sleep, said spokeswoman Peita Elkhorne.

"It was so severe that there was no possible way to be able to manage her pain.

"All of those who have been involved with Sam are devastated with this loss."

Eyemo

Practically Family
RIP Harry Patch

Harry Patch was buried today...just thought I'd post a picture I took last year as a little tribute to the Last Tommy. RIP Mr Patch.

GANikonDigital-1.jpg

Story

I'll Lock Up
I just recently heard Radiohead's song.

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/46530

i am the only one that got through
the others died where ever they fell
it was an ambush
they came up from all sides
give your leaders each a gun and then let them fight it out themselves
i've seen devils coming up from the ground
i've seen hell upon this earth
the next will be chemical but they will never learn

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
John Hughes-director

Awww...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118006975.html?categoryId=13&cs=1

Director John Hughes dies at 59
Helmer died of a heart attack
By PAT SAPERSTEIN

John Hughes, director of culturally significant films such as "The Breakfast Club," "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and "Planes, Trains and Automobiles," died suddenly today of a heart attack while taking a morning walk during a trip to Manhattan. He was 59.
John Wilden Hughes, Jr., born on Feb. 18, 1950 in Michigan, began as an advertising copywriter in Chicago.

In the last decade, he stepped back from the legacy he created to enjoy time with his family, maintain a functioning farm in northern Illinois and support independent arts. He is survived by his wife of 39 years, Nancy, two sons, John and James, and four grandchildren.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I'm very upset about John Hughes :( I grew up with his movies...

Its always hard to see such a great talent pass away too early. Makes you mourn for what else they could have offered the world.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Way to early for Mr. Hughes to have left us. 59, and has a heart attack during a morning walk.

His movies defined the 1980s for those of us in high school at the time. And for introducing us to Molly Ringwald - no amount of thanks can pay him back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters