Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dehen 1920 biker sweaters. Club zip.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They are Dehen
I think dehen has licensed some products to Japan. Dehen is having sale at present.
There is a seller on eBay that carries these sweaters.
http://m.ebay.com/sch/ketch347/m.html?_pgn=1&isRefine=true

Blackadder

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That's funny, I had been dealing with them to the tune of an email nearly every day, just getting info, they never once mentioned the sale. Yesterday was the first day I didn't check the actual site. As soon as I wrote that I response I got on the website, and there it was. Great timing. Just waiting to hear back if it's on available stick only, or can I order one. I need a XXL and they don't carry many. I was told they are about to do a run, and to get my order in if I want the black and gold stripe one. The ebay ones look great too. The harley factory ones are superb. Considering they already have quality lettering on etc, they are cheaper than a blank one from Dehen...decisions decisions....it's tough having champagne tastes on a beer budget.

pawineguy

One Too Many
It's the Faberge Egg habit that's killing me.:D

2cb5035f8d12985fb2c4cc0ef4913bd6.jpg

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Hi guys, I forgot about this thread. I couldn't decide between the different colours. I ended up getting 2. I normally wouldn't wear too much stuff with things written all over it, but I really like these. There's lots of old pics with the racing team wearing these. They are thinner than I thought. I believe the other ones are a lot heavier. I'm thinking @pawineguy got the heavy one? As I said I thought these were the heavier ones, but they aren't. I plan to get another one in the black with old gold stripes on the sleeves. Which is much heavier. I think they look great. These guys have a talon zip, the lettering is all hand stitched on. They are very comfortable, whilst not heavy heavy, they are still warm. I realise the branding etc might not be everyone's cup of tea, but they are quite nice in the flesh.
image.jpg
image.jpg

pawineguy

One Too Many
Man they look great Ben. I think the vintage look with lettering is much different than wearing modern looking gear with the same branding. When I'm back after vacation I'll try to weigh mine to see how heavy they are.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Man they look great Ben. I think the vintage look with lettering is much different than wearing modern looking gear with the same branding. When I'm back after vacation I'll try to weigh mine to see how heavy they are.
Yes, I try to stay away from skulls and flames these days. ;) The fact that all the Harley jackets are now made in China and they insist on flames, skulls and all sorts of tacky rubbish is how I came across this site. I wanted a decent MC jacket without all the crap on it, and preferably not made in a third world country. Funny how it works out. I think life was easier and certainly cheaper when I had no idea about all of this stuff.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I couldn't stand wool either, too itchy and warm... but I think I have something in this style from cotton but with epaulette that makes it look more military than racer
KUEGOU-2013-New-Hot-Selling-Men-Cardigan-Fashion-Casual-Pullovers-Epaulette-Turtleneck-Sweater-M.jpg
I bought the black one... it was only around $40 if I remember correctly

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
I have the super-thick & heavy version of the Dehen 1920 zip-neck motorcycle sweater, black-grey with no lettering, and boy! it exudes quality! Will definitely last many many seasons of wear. Forgot how much I paid for it but picked it up at an online sale some years ago. Thankfully I had tried one on before so I ordered the right size for me.

Blackadder

I couldn't stand wool either, too itchy and warm... but I think I have something in this style from cotton but with epaulette that makes it look more military than racer
View attachment 31460
I bought the black one... it was only around $40 if I remember correctly
Thanks. There are a few Japanese brands that do this style in cotton, e.g. Westride, Cushman.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
That one I bought was china brand I guess Kuegou, from one of ebay china/ HK based shops last year. I guess computer knitted, quite light and thin on most part except for the ribbed parts around the shoulder, along the neck zip and along the outer sleeve, I sized up to get a relaxed fit unlike their model there :D . I have several long sleeve t-shirts with the same brand too... pretty decent for the price ( I always size up). at least it's wearable in tropical climate, and easy to wash, less shrinkage problem.

AdeeC

Practically Family
Yes, I try to stay away from skulls and flames these days. ;) The fact that all the Harley jackets are now made in China and they insist on flames, skulls and all sorts of tacky rubbish is how I came across this site. I wanted a decent MC jacket without all the crap on it, and preferably not made in a third world country. Funny how it works out. I think life was easier and certainly cheaper when I had no idea about all of this stuff.

It is just staggering how far the Harley Davisdson brand has been trashed. On Ebay at the moment there are over 60,000 items of apparel including over 5.000 jackets along with over 40,000 items of Walmart and souvenier type products all with in your face Harley branding. Most made in cheap labour countries no doubt, but not reflected by the price if buying new.

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Ain't that the truth Adeec. Every now and then I find a cool old school shirt or something. Other than the Dehen sweaters, I don't really have any branded stuff anymore. The quality is dreadful, and it's usually pretty tacky. I'm waiting for the day that Harley's are made in China or India. Nothing would suprise me anymore with those guys. I Wish they would put out a limited annual release of jackets by Langlitz,Schott,or vanson. Something with a bit of substance that was made in USA. They could do some seriously cool jackets.

AdeeC

Practically Family
Ain't that the truth Adeec. Every now and then I find a cool old school shirt or something. Other than the Dehen sweaters, I don't really have any branded stuff anymore. The quality is dreadful, and it's usually pretty tacky. I'm waiting for the day that Harley's are made in China or India. Nothing would suprise me anymore with those guys. I Wish they would put out a limited annual release of jackets by Langlitz,Schott,or vanson. Something with a bit of substance that was made in USA. They could do some seriously cool jackets.

If HD decided to get a limited run of jackets from time honoured makers and even including Dehen they will have to substantially upcharge over these brands to maintain profit margins. Perhaps too small time for them though it would work IMO and help restore their reputation. Lots of HD riders with serious money around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner