Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

alexandra

Practically Family
Plus it would be weird if you were like "Hey some guy who took pictures of you at a renaissance fair posted them on this forum I post on. You're a total babe! Let's hook up!"

lol lol lol I think I could articulate myself better than that... although it'd mean having to take up photography and enduring "primitive" surroundings.:(

That's the other reason I was just needling Lee on this--remember, "crazy, not stupid"? lol I'll leave the "Internet stalker" crap to Dix, and stick to y'all who've come to know, (insert whatever emotion if any here), and accept me for the headcase I am.:D ;)

alexandra

Practically Family
Lately I've been regretting not taking something further with a guy who was totally smitten with me. I have no idea why he's popped into my head though- it was 2 or 3 years ago! It's the strangest thing in the world.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
alexandra said:
Lately I've been regretting not taking something further with a guy who was totally smitten with me. I have no idea why he's popped into my head though- it was 2 or 3 years ago! It's the strangest thing in the world.

Happens ...

@Alexandra:Yeah, I can relate--back in junior-high, even though I made it clear it was a Real Bad Idea to try to get too close to me in any context, there was one girl who kept trying, and found out just how sharp my tongue could be.

Six years later, our senior year, I finally worked up the nerve to apologize for my out-of-bounds conduct, and she started trying again. Part of me now wonders what would've happened if, even in spite of my lack of emotional response, I had asked her to the prom... oh well, missed opportunities. Maybe if she shows up at the reunion and is still single... then again, she still might be "playing with fire" for both of us.

That was '99...

alexandra

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
@Alexandra:Yeah, I can relate--back in junior-high, even though I made it clear it was a Real Bad Idea to try to get too close to me in any context, there was one girl who kept trying, and found out just how sharp my tongue could be.

Six years later, our senior year, I finally worked up the nerve to apologize for my out-of-bounds conduct, and she started trying again. Part of me now wonders what would've happened if, even in spite of my lack of emotional response, I had asked her to the prom... oh well, missed opportunities. Maybe if she shows up at the reunion and is still single... then again, she still might be "playing with fire" for both of us.

That was '99...

Ha with me it's like...I met this really sweet and nice guy, had a crush on him, he had a crush on me. We had a little thing for a while, some stuff happened that caused me to chicken out before it got too serious.

Then months and months later we got back to a place where we were close again and it was clear he wanted to take it further, but I was with this really big jerk at the time and I was like "No that ship has sailed" in regards to the original guy...

After that thing with the big jerk was over, my best friend (who was also friends with the original nice guy) and I fell in love and that was...I think hard on the nice guy because he was still smitten, but he was always really supportive and everything.

Anyway, that relationship ended like...a year and a half later and I never really saw that group of people that much anymore. He emailed me recently after I'd been thinking about him though...I just wonder what would have happened had I not chickened out.

It's not something that upsets me or anything, just a "What if?"

Maybe it's fate's way of encouraging you to take a chance, then... alas, when you live a high-speed, low-level life like mine there aren't any such second chances, as whatever isn't incinerated by your "afterburners" tends to be flattened by the shockwave of your passing.

You'll never win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket, and what's the worst that could happen?

Dr Doran

alexandra said:
Ha with me it's like...I met this really sweet and nice guy, had a crush on him, he had a crush on me. We had a little thing for a while, some stuff happened that caused me to chicken out before it got too serious.

Then months and months later we got back to a place where we were close again and it was clear he wanted to take it further, but I was with this really big jerk at the time and I was like "No that ship has sailed" in regards to the original guy...

After that thing with the big jerk was over, my best friend (who was also friends with the original nice guy) and I fell in love and that was...I think hard on the nice guy because he was still smitten, but he was always really supportive and everything.

Anyway, that relationship ended like...a year and a half later and I never really saw that group of people that much anymore. He emailed me recently after I'd been thinking about him though...I just wonder what would have happened had I not chickened out.

My sister died thinking this about someone. It's just one of those things, I guess. You go to your grave (she certainly did) not knowing how it would have worked out! C'est la vie.

alexandra

Practically Family
Yeah well I'm more of the thinking that...considering I chickened out, there was probably a good reason that I just can't remember now, 3 years later. I have no real reason to pursue it unless something really amazing happens and I'm like "WOW SOLE M8Z 4 LYF" about it.

In regards to the dying with regrets and what ifs...I hope when I die I'm thinking about how awesome I was in life as opposed to the (very few of course!) errors I made. I don't think this should be a problem because I rule.

Dr Doran

alexandra said:
In regards to the dying with regrets and what ifs...I hope when I die I'm thinking about how awesome I was in life as opposed to the (very few of course!) errors I made. I don't think this should be a problem because I rule.

Let us hope you are not so sickened by spinal cancer that you cannot think in these terms as my sister was.

Dr Doran

alexandra said:
Dude, that wasn't a dig at your sister and you really shouldn't take it as such.

It is probably not good in general to make funny or clever rejoinders when a person has just mentioned a dead sibling.

Just a thought for the future.

Or to do anything but apologize when it seems you have done so.

I don't normally give etiquette lessons much, but it seems apropos here.

Jovan

Suspended
f9cc829ae0b529241778cbc6134fbbcc.jpg

But really, come on guys. Let me buy you two a round of whiskey...

alexandra

Practically Family
Doran said:
It is probably not good in general to make funny or clever rejoinders when a person has just mentioned a dead sibling.

Just a thought for the future.

Or to do anything but apologize when it seems you have done so.

I don't normally give etiquette lessons much, but it seems apropos here.

Well I personally found it inappropriate to mention that, in all likelihood, I will die feeling the pain and regret I have of some teenage crush I mentioned on the internet. And not only that, but to top it off with an example of someone you know who did just that.

I, instead of calling you out on it, decided to make light of it in hopes that we could just ignore you bringing up the regrets of your dead sister as some sort of morbid and depressing life lesson.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
alexandra said:

Hmmm . . . I've been that "nice guy" a few times, myself. I'd never considered the situation from the lady's point of view, though. Certainly not this particular point of view, anyway.

I have a similar on-off-on-off crush in my life. I've known her for twenty-four years and always wondered what could have been. Oddly, we're both single now, neither of us having ever married and not in any other relationship, and every few months (sometimes years) one of us will call the other. We'll talk a few times and then we both fade away again.

The separation often begins when I realize, once again (for the umpteenth time), that completely unrelated circumstances in each of our own lives would completely drain a variety of personal, emotional and even financial aspects of the others life. We think a lot alike and we both have similar life aspirations, she's caring to a fault (I mean that literally), quiet and reserved (much as I am) and very beautiful. But I always back away because she still complains about the boyfriend she'd had for even longer than I've known her and still expects him to repay past debts and resolve current, ongoing financial problems (that he'd promised to many years ago) even though he's now married.

When she's absent from my life, I wonder what might have been or what could possibly be. But when she's present, I learn again, ever so slowly, that it never could be unless some massive, unexpected positive change happened in one life or the other.

She is, to me, such an incredible beauty that, throughout the years that I've known her I haven't even touched her hand for fear of somehow marring her. Or maybe I've always been too shy, too afraid to show her how I feel about her. I saw her once last summer, and she is as beautiful at forty-five as she was when we were twenty-one. She still defines my idea of the most beautiful woman in the world.

Lee

Missing her again. . . . DAMN! :rage:

Dixon Cannon

Well after all is said and done, it looks like Beth and her boyfriend
will fit in around here just nicely.
I'm willing to concede; they make a handsome couple and grace
our Lounge with class and distinction. :eusa_clap

BethandBoyfriend.jpg

-dixon cannon

Forum statistics

Threads