Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

pgoat

One Too Many
well, unbeknown to me at the time, there were several realized romantic affairs going on between high school girls and older male teachers at my school. I found out many years later and was kinda shocked (like I said, I was a hopeless moron in HS.). I don't know how good I feel about that situation.....in comparison, tho, my student teacher thing was nothing.

Funny - back in the mid 90s, I wound up working with a woman who was from my HS class - we were reminiscing over a beer one day (we didn't know each other back in the day) and again, I was shocked to learn how many people were living various freaky deaky alternative lifestyles in our sleepy little hamlet. As for me, she said everyone she knew was afraid of me....which is hysterical since I was (and am) the biggest wimp on earth.

Then again she hung out with the 'dexters' (does anyone still use that term?) I was a long hair/hippie/freakazoid/burnout/stoner/dirtbag etc etc etc.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
alexandra said:
I'm really bad at all those classy and romantic moves guys try to do. Like the whole passing-note-to-hand thing...someone did that to me and I was like "What the hell is this? Don't give me your garbage"

I'm a pretty awkward date.

:D Funniest thing I've heard all day.

Richard

alexandra said:
I'm really bad at all those classy and romantic moves guys try to do. Like the whole passing-note-to-hand thing...someone did that to me and I was like "What the hell is this? Don't give me your garbage"

I'm a pretty awkward date.
Well, Miss Alexandra (or may I call you Alex?;) ) there's always the "reverse-pickpocket" method... discreetly planting a note in a pocket--this trick is for only the most skilled and lightest of fingers, though.

Of course, if you really want to talk "tradecraft", such things are best discussed face-to-face...;) or by Private Message, generally best not in view of the public.:D lol

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
My heart belongs to this guy...
m_42495606e5bba5aae8754c38c7a7331d.jpg

alexandra

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
Well, Miss Alexandra (or may I call you Alex?;) ) there's always the "reverse-pickpocket" method... discreetly planting a note in a pocket--this trick is for only the most skilled and lightest of fingers, though.

Of course, if you really want to talk "tradecraft", such things are best discussed face-to-face...;) or by Private Message, generally best not in view of the public.:D lol

Yeah you can call me Alex, that's what most people call me.

Anyway I don't usually have pockets and I'd say you could put it in my purse but chances are I wouldn't find it for a long time.

In general, I'm just pretty bad at "moments". I always have to ruin them either by accident...or on purpose by saying something stupid, just because I think it's funny.

CharlesB

Suspended
My friend Elizabeth called me tongiht about getting drinks tomorrow since Im back in town. We've hooked up in the past but she has a bf now. Ridiculously cute and also a musician that ive worked with.

So cute...
so has a boyfriend now...

l_5d08a77e8c895084a4be0a335a12d2c3.jpg

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CharlesB said:
My friend Elizabeth called me tongiht about getting drinks tomorrow ...

I think the words to focus on are "Elizabeth called me". She called you, so forget the boyfriend ... ;)

pgoat

One Too Many
Jovan said:
Wait, was that directed toward me? :eek:
No, Cary Grant!:D

Passing a note like DB suggested and looking charming falls into my "WWCGD?" category. For me, I just do whatever Cary would do - if I think I might get away with it. I don't think I personally could pull the note thing off. But hey - ymmv! What's the worst thing that could happen?

alexandra

Practically Family
Big Man said:
I think the words to focus on are "Elizabeth called me". She called you, so forget the boyfriend ... ;)

Uh oh! Does calling someone mean you want to hit that? I've been a horrible tease in my life if that's true.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
alexandra said:
Uh oh! Does calling someone mean you want to hit that? I've been a horrible tease in my life if that's true.

I was really just joking. The rules of common decency (not to mention gentlemanly behavior) would dictate that you never make a move on anyone who is in a relationship with another.

alexandra

Practically Family
Big Man said:
I was really just joking. The rules of common decency (not to mention gentlemanly behavior) would dictate that you never make a move on anyone who is in a relationship with another.

I didn't take you seriously.

Big Man said:
The story of my life ... [huh]
Except for when with iron, right?

@Alex:Not necessarily, although it could... sometimes it just means wanting that person's company, or maybe to pick their brain on something. (I find it much easier to extract the information I want from people's skulls over a meal, sometimes with a couple drinks thrown in to loosen the tongue... *sinister laugh*)

Problem with my tactic is, I have neither the deftness of finger nor the Cary Grant charm...

Geez, maybe I'd be better off just crushing on that Thompson at the gun-shop. At least with a thousand bucks, I actually would have a chance to take it home...:eek:

alexandra

Practically Family
You could take me home for a thousand bucks but I'd leave after an hour

EDIT: I suppose since you guys always take me really seriously, I should point out that I was being facetious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn