Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

P

Phaedra

I have several crushes: Cary Grant, Sean Connery and Olivier Martinez

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Joel McCrea before his westerns, when he was so very young and man pretty.

Lawrence Olivier as always good for a warm daydream.

I remember as a kid having a serious crush of Christopher Plummer as Captain von Trapp.

And my 8th grade social studies teacher Mr. Glogovac.

Novella

Practically Family
Barbigirl said:
Joel McCrea before his westerns, when he was so very young and man pretty.

That is Joel McCrea at his most lovely! Have you ever seen "The Most Dangerous Game"? It's a fun watch, and Joel McCrea - oh, I think I melted into a puddle for the entire film.

Sam Cox

Familiar Face
I had a crush on a girl when i was about 17 and now that many years later im finally going out with her
woo hoo

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"Three years after the massacre"

Yeah! More original, more fun for this thread! I guess I have a crush on a guy if whenever anyone sees him or a picture of him they say"There's Ashley's boyfriend!": Billie Joe Armstrong, Vincent D'Onofrio and my late dad's friend Patrick who is on the lounge as Patrick1987 but doesn't have a picture posted but I can assure everyone he is crushworthy.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Briscoeteque said:
Maris Crane (how's THAT for original)
You've SEEN Maris Crane??? I watched Frasier since who laid the rails and I never saw her.

I always assumed she'd look like the typical Valerie Mahaffey character – pale, slender, delicately pretty and about 23 kinds of crazy.

Few more names out of my classic beauty file:
Hope Davis - late '20s-early '30s ingenue
Joan Allen (Mrs. Preston Tucker and Pat Nixon) – '40s-'50s wonder-wife or "other woman"
Patricia Clarkson (Shirley Wershba in Good Night and Good Luck) strong WW2 or film noir wife, the rock of the household
Allison Janney - big '30s-'40s deadpan comedienne, society dame, newspaperwoman, etc.
Helen Mirren - someone rich and strange from any period (think Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone)

Avalon

A-List Customer
Hrm. *thinks*

Definitely Louise Brooks. Once you see that face, you're smitten for life. ;)

Cary Grant. Jean Harlow. Clara Bow. Ramon Novarro.

In a more current vein:

Hugh Jackman tops the list. :D

lindylady

A-List Customer
In my fantasy life, in no particular order:

Fred Astaire
Jimmy Stewart
Gregory Peck
Errol Flynn
Gene Kelly

In my real life:

Someone in my dance class (Can't say his name. I'm too shy :eek:)

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
Fletch said:
You've SEEN Maris Crane??? I watched Frasier since who laid the rails and I never saw her.

I always assumed she'd look like the typical Valerie Mahaffey character – pale, slender, delicately pretty and about 23 kinds of crazy.
)

Something about never seeing her just let my imagination run wild. It doesn't help that everyone I know thinks I'm just like Niles.

Edit: To answer anybody's questions about Frances Flagenheimer, she was the bride of Arthur Flagenheimer, better known to history as Dutch Schultz, the Beer Baron of the Bronx. The massacre refered to is the shootout in the back room of the Palace Steak Chophouse, during which the Dutchman's inner circle was rubbed out. She had left about an hour or so before.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Crushes...?

So many my mind has gone into shut-down with the overload.

Crushes for all different reasons. Nice looks, great dress sense, charming smiles, dedication to things in their lives, just lovely to talk to, a little dimple, a little freckle..etc, etc.
So many things just push the right button!!

Golden Era Actresses: Norma Shearer; Rita Hayworth; Carole Lombard, Esther Williams, Nan Wyn, Hedy Lamarr, Patricia Dane..and the list goes on!!

Modern Day: My tango teacher is just a dream! (the female one guys!). The Italian girl who serves my glass of Erdinger at a certain bar in Newcastle just sends me into a spin!
And many of the ladies on the Lounge are 'seriously' just to die for, there should be a Govt. Health warning on them for men with dicky heart conditions!!
I cannot believe we are so lucky & priviledged to have an excess of gorgeous, talented, strong and just down right lovely ladies as members in this wee oasis of the internet!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
PADDY said:
And many of the ladies on the Lounge are 'seriously' just to die for, there should be a Govt. Health warning on them for men with dicky heart conditions!!
I cannot believe we are so lucky & priviledged to have an excess of gorgeous, talented, strong and just down right lovely ladies as members in this wee oasis of the internet!

And HOW! Some of the most beautiful, witty and whip-smart women I have ever SEEN are right here on The Fedora Lounge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy