Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dr. Who?

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
St.Ignatz said:
But which hat would you be wearing for each Doctor?
That's easy:

William Hartnell
WH-1.jpg

Patrick Troughton
PT-1.jpg

Jon Pertwee
JP-1.jpg

Tom Baker
TB-1.jpg

Tom Baker...again
TB-3.jpg

Peter Davison
PD-1.jpg

Sylvester McCoy
SM-1.jpg

and the dear departed David Tennant
DT-1.jpg

Seven out of Ten Doctors recommend hats for protection against the elements of space and time lol

In a recent interview, Matt Smith mentioned that he wants to evolve his costume over time and may add a hat at some point in the future. What would look good with a bow tie and tweed? A boater?

/Boaters are cool.
//BTW- I know this is a repost from an old thread, but I worked hard on finding the pictures and it's relevant :p

swinggal

One Too Many
Current Doctor is so...insipid. He seems to have no gumption. But yes, tweed cap fits.

Peter and Sylvester look like they are wearing the same hat! Sylvester just has the brim rolled up. Interesting...and don't forget Tom's Scottish number too. I did love when he wore the Deerstalker in 'The Talons of Wang Chiang'.

You missed Colin Baker and Christopher Ecclestons Doctors!!

Edward

Bartender
Excellent episode, shame the aliens (wonderful concept) look like something from a novelty Roswell parade. I suspect they spent all the budget on getting to the US and on that Oval Office set! Wasn't the guy playing Nixon an uncanny likeness, though! I look forward to this week's second part.

davidraphael

Practically Family
4th Dr. Who (Tom Baker) fedora

The hat changed over the seasons, but can anyone identify what this/these hats might be?

EDIT: Ah! I didn't realise that there was a dr. who thread - thanks for the move

fourth-doctor-tom-baker-5.jpg

Tom_Baker_Pic_and_Siggy_by_Savage_Heart.jpg

fourth-doctor-tom-baker-2.jpg

fourth-doctor-tom-baker-4.jpg

DR_TOM_BAKER_4.jpg

70.jpg

69.jpg

30.jpg

25.jpg

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I'd love to see a hat become part of the costume again. It would work with Matt Smith as they are slowly evolving the costume... as opposed to Tennant who wore the same two suits, or others whose outfit never changed. The difficulty with a fedora is that Tom Baker made that so much his own it would be hard to have another doctor wear one, at least in brown. A nice tan Campdraft, on the other hand...

Edward

Bartender
Oh, yes! a homberg with a fedora pinch would work. I love them worn like that. Wish I could find a brown one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass