Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I did, and I envy the men that can rock a stingy :). Belated congrats on that, BTW.

And thank you John and Aaron, for your compliments.

Last edited:
Old Giuseppe e Fratello Borsalino (Antica Casa) Derby, supposedly 7 1/4. This one had a high BIN on eBay Austria so I made a lower offer and the seller accepted. There is damage to the crown but I don't see any cracks so I think this one is recoverable. Some old Euro stiff felts can be on the softer side so hoping this is the case here. Appears to be the original shipping container. Looking forward to this one.

8315226657_8d24c76826_b.jpg

8315153205_0d4b5b9790_b.jpg

8316193918_27731dbab3_b.jpg

8316194022_92a8fc771d_b.jpg

8315142105_d2f6fd278b_b.jpg

Last edited:
Alan, Thanks! Nice video! Your old soft felt (I would like to see this one in detail) looks from about the same time period. I am thinking this one is from when G.B.Borsalino fu Lazzaro & C. was still in business. Here is the auction sweatband photo.

8316372496_b41baef9f0_b.jpg

Last edited:
Alan, Thanks! Nice video! Your old soft felt (I would like to see this one in detail) looks from about the same time period. I am thinking this one is from when G.B.Borsalino fu Lazzaro & C. was still in business. Here is the auction sweatband photo.

I have to add some better outside photos of this old Borso, one of the hats I rescued from undergraduate costume designers. They can attack with scissors without a moment's warning... I posted some additional pictures here.

howardeye

Practically Family
Hello all.
I sniped this off of e bay about a week ago .
The hat was better than I thought ,if you look at the e bay pictures, they don't do the hat any justice.

Your 6 7/8 head has won out again! I thought my 10 year old grandson would give me the same triumphant victories you enjoy until I found out he is a size 7!

fashion frank

One Too Many
Hello all.
I sniped this off of e bay about a week ago .
The hat was better than I thought ,if you look at the e bay pictures, they don't do the hat any justice.

Your 6 7/8 head has won out again! I thought my 10 year old grandson would give me the same triumphant victories you enjoy until I found out he is a size 7!

Yes it has it's +'s but it also has it's -'s. [huh]
When a good hat ( like a stratoliner for ex: ) comes along the bidding can still get crazy .

I tried to snipe an open road last week at $ 100.00 and someone else with like 2 seconds to
spare sniped me for $110.00 ,so I lost that one .

I would also have to agree with the wise hatter though ,in the bigger picture there is not as
much demand per say ,as a bigger size hat will bring.

I also wanted to say that you clean up very nicely and cut a good figure with that suit !

All the Best , Fashion Frank

P.S. Have I told you that I also ride ,I have two Harley's ( a road king classic and a stock
sportster) and a vintage honda ,but that's fodder for another time !

Last edited:

howardeye

Practically Family
Nice Gamebird! I could use one in 7 1/4. I am surprised someone hasn't introduced a modern version in hunter orange. I would wear one. Since I have to wear orange hunting with a gun I might as well wear a fedora instead of a ball cap!

And Frank, the Roadking is a good choice. I have 134,000 miles on mine!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails