Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay vendor?

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
handlebar bart said:
Yep. And heck simply typing in the words 'ultrafino panama hats fedora lounge' gave me the thread Lefty linked to as the second option and that three page thread answered all the questions asked in this thread. It's amazing what info can be discovered in the Fedora Lounge if someone just devotes a few minutes to the search.

Did you look at the dates on the posts?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
BanjoMerlin said:
Did you look at the dates on the posts?

lol I guess deleting posts older than a day is an option. But starting out each day from scratch seems like a waste of valuable information collected from the previous day(s).

Mikey P

One of the Regulars
:eek:fftopic:

There are nicer ways to suggest that though. I expect most people don't find the sarcastic "Google self fulfilling search box" helpful or as a tool to learn. The high number of threads can be intimidating. That, and the fact that threads never die on this forum, and you have quite an investment in time just to find something.

If you don't feel like answering something, or you think it's a dumb question just move on. There's no reason to make someone feel stupid just because they are new. Unless you want to purposely exclude anybody new.

My two cents. Shutting up now.

handlebar bart said:
Yep. And heck simply typing in the words 'ultrafino panama hats fedora lounge' gave me the thread Lefty linked to as the second option and that three page thread answered all the questions asked in this thread. It's amazing what info can be discovered in the Fedora Lounge if someone just devotes a few minutes to the search.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Mikey P said:

There are nicer ways to suggest that though. I expect most people don't find the sarcastic "Google self fulfilling search box" helpful or as a tool to learn. The high number of threads can be intimidating. That, and the fact that threads never die on this forum, and you have quite an investment in time just to find something.

If you don't feel like answering something, or you think it's a dumb question just move on. There's no reason to make someone feel stupid just because they are new. Unless you want to purposely exclude anybody new.

I think Leftys post should be useful to someone who doesn't know how to search for answers. In the future all they have to do is mimic the thingy that Lefty did but just insert the key words that apply to their search.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PANAMA BOB!

57plymouth said:
So, where would you look for a decent looking teardrop around $55. I'm not looking for a Cadillac, just a nice Chevy.

Go w/ Panama Bob's ebay auctions he has some great grays & browns (hard to find & seldom seen) & some caldos (w/ holes f/ ventilation, nice patterns) & he also has some straight up, natural fedoras w/ both cloth & leather sweats. If you find something you like, go to his website & knock around, you can spend as much or as little as you like.

P'Bob & Mrs. P'Bob are on the square & straight shooters, IMHO. And I have yet to be disappointed by any of the more than half-dozen items he has provided me, both for personal use & as gifts for friends & family... my .o2

57plymouth

One of the Regulars
Mikey P said:

My point exactly.

Chainsaw

Suspended
Hey bro man! Forget this stoogefest, check out Panama bob. He hooked me up with a brisa Fino, too nice. You'll love it. Like 39' bucks. Cheers

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I think you should buy the Ultrafino. Apparently, the lack of recent data, as the old data has been discarded, has moved the vendor's reputation here from bad to neutral. With the clean slate, we need someone to check out this vendor.

I'm not in the market right now, but you could provide us with cold hard facts - for the next week or so. After that, this thread won't just be too long (you expect me to read 3 pages before I spend my money?) it will be too old to matter - and how would I find it anyway?

Neophyte

Lefty said:
I think you should buy the Ultrafino. Apparently, the lack of recent data, as the old data has been discarded, has moved the vendor's reputation here from bad to neutral. With the clean slate, we need someone to check out this vendor.

I'm not in the market right now, but you could provide us with cold hard facts - for the next week or so. After that, this thread won't just be too long (you expect me to read 3 pages before I spend my money?) it will be too old to matter - and how would I find it anyway?

:eusa_clap

Chainsaw

Suspended
You stooges don't have the bloodlines to back up your good maners. At least the English have balls. You stooges... what do you have? Please bartender suspend me before I have to see these knuckle heads hurt themselves.
P.s. We've been in the Union at least a Thousand years.

Neophyte

I think this thread is done. I've already answered this gent's query in the Panama CANAL thread, along with some other Loungers. This thread is going nowhere, so let's end it.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Lefty -- You're a good guy who knows a great deal about hats (more than I could ever learn myself), and you provide us as a community with a lot of knowledge we value quite highly. But sometimes, you go overboard with the sarcasm just a bit too much. It turns off the new guys; and we need new people here, or how will we ever fulfill our purpose of spreading the wearing and acceptance of vintage stuff? We certainly appreciate the humor, but maybe we can hold off on it to the newbies at least 'til they understand the ropes a bit more? Then they know the sarcasm isn't meant to scare them away. I'm not trying to start a fight, just want to offer up a bit of my thoughts on the issue after a few solid months of observation. As friends. :)

This is what I use for searches. I have it bookmarked in my browser, and when I want to run a search, it's easy to get at, and putting the phrase of what I want in quotes gives me even more accurate results. When I have a question, I'll run a search this way, then a couple on TFL engine, then if nothing shows I'll ask on the "Ask a Question" thread. It takes maybe 5 to 10 minutes, and usually gives some really good answers. We're a friendly and helpful bunch here; but like everyone, we have our quirks. So to the newbies, don't take any of this as being mean; just us wanting to keep the bar a bit tidier and it easier for the bartenders to sweep. :)

EDIT: I actually started typing this before the last two posts, so I guess it took me 10 mins. to type. It's meant to be before the last two. I'm a slow typer. :eek:

Cheers,

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Chainsaw said:
The guy said "you don't know what it means"! You guys don't speak English, or at least proper English.

I'll have what you're having. :cheers1: :)

RBH

Bartender
OK guys.. lets settle down for a minute.

I for one do not want to 'get rid' of anyone... yet.

Please remember that newbies are new to our forum.
We need to help them and not make them think what they ask is foolish... they need our help just as we did when we joined.
But ... after they are here awhile they learn just as we did.
I never use a search but what we have here. I always use the 'POST' search instead of the 'THREAD'. I most times find what I want but I have the fact that I know sometimes who to search for.

OK .. now lets get back to the thread. :D

I also want to add.. the new members need not be smart either. You can learn much from us old guys.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
fluteplayer07 said:
Lefty--You're a good guy who really knows his stuff when it comes to hats. Your knowledge is highly valued, and we wouldn't be nearly as close to what we know now, without it. But sometimes, you go overboard on the sarcasm just a bit too much. We appreciate the humor, but some of the newbies don't always see it as that... And it scares them off a bit. And it seems a bit against what we're trying to do as a community... Spreading the understanding and wearing of vintage stuff is tough; if we don't always welcome the new guys. Maybe we can hold back on it a bit, at least until they learn the ropes a bit more. I'm not trying to start a fight; merely throwing out there what I have formed opinions on over a couple solid months of observation. As a friend. :) And to the new guys; please don't take any of this as being mean, merely us wanting to keep the bar looking tidy and it a bit easier for the bartenders to sweep.

This is what I use to search. I keep it handy, bookmarked in my browser. If I have a question, I put the phrase in question in quotes, and run it here. If nothing turns up, then I do a couple with TFL's engine, and if that doesn't work, I ask it in the "Ask a Question" thread. It takes 5-10 mins. and usually gives some really good answers.

Undeleted per request. ;)

And now back to the thread. :D

Cheers,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace