Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Every mention of Alexander Leathers has been completely eliminated from the forum!?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think our moderator is trying to tell us this thread with its original purpose is a ... :deadhorse ;)

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many
Major, an excellent tie to the Outerwear section, sort of.

You guys probably don't recognize the upright bass player, but that is the great Big Willie Dixon (a very young Willie Dixon), only the greatest blues song writer ever. I had the honor of meeting him in NYC when I was up there hangin' out with Guitar Jr. and Muddy's band in 1974.

I hesitate to post the above comment as Feraud has mentioned our taking the discussion to another thread.

I don't want to be seen as an agitator, but what is needed is a section on post war music, not just a thread on a narrow topic in another section that often stays buried. There has been a lot of interest in the topic from just the guys here in the Outerwear thread. I imagine there would be interest from the loungers who hang out in the other sections as well. There may be some policy considerations I'm not aware of. Don't know as I haven't yet run the idea by Scott or MK.

Oh yes, and Sunnyland Slim on piano and the great Hubert Sumlin on guitar.:D

BTW, in response to Feraud's suggestion, I have started another thread - "Post War Blues, Soul & Rock" here:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...oul-amp-Rock.-1945-1975&p=1564226#post1564226

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
Thanks for starting the thread in the radio section. I had not done so for several reasons. And I held off posting anything there as I didn't know how well we would be received in that section. The bartender is very much into the 30s and 40s, with not much focus on the 50s and 60s. As she said in her 1st (and,as yet, only) post in the thread, if the rules are violated, she will close the thread, and that Era relevance is more strict in her sections than in others. She also noted in a sticky in her rules post (yes, I read the rules) the following:

"Try also to avoid just posting videos for the sake of posting them. If you post a video, tell us *why* you're posting it. What about it is Golden Era relevant? What notable personalities appear in it? What about it appeals most to you. Remember, the Lounge is, first and foremost, a *discussion* forum." So, I think it wise to keep this in mind, otherwise we may find ourselves on the sidewalk.

I hate to lose all of the information that has been posted in this thread, as it will soon be abandoned and fade into obscurity. But Feraud is right about it being hidden away in this section, and under the current thread heading. So let's do the best we can with what we have to work with, and follow the rules, which really aren't burdensome. Everyone just needs to be aware of them. PC.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for starting the thread in the radio section. I had not done so for several reasons. And I held off posting anything there as I didn't know how well we would be received in that section. The bartender is very much into the 30s and 40s, with not much focus on the 50s and 60s. As she said in her 1st (and,as yet, only) post in the thread, if the rules are violated, she will close the thread, and that Era relevance is more strict in her sections than in others. She also noted in a sticky in her rules post (yes, I read the rules) the following:

"Try also to avoid just posting videos for the sake of posting them. If you post a video, tell us *why* you're posting it. What about it is Golden Era relevant? What notable personalities appear in it? What about it appeals most to you. Remember, the Lounge is, first and foremost, a *discussion* forum." So, I think it wise to keep this in mind, otherwise we may find ourselves on the sidewalk.

I hate to lose all of the information that has been posted in this thread, as it will soon be abandoned and fade into obscurity. But Feraud is right about it being hidden away in this section, and under the current thread heading. So let's do the best we can with what we have to work with, and follow the rules, which really aren't burdensome. Everyone just needs to be aware of them. PC.

Yes, I saw that...the push away from the "psychedelic, hippy dippy stuff" was kind of a shot in the heart, as that is exactly what I like, but it is fair. I'm pretty sure that one of us surely has the formatting skills to create a new forum/website...
Even if we have to pay a small domain fee, the donations would be in the sake of history. There are countless music forums out there now pertaining to the different styles of music we like, but starting a new one that is somehow affiliated with the fl would be good. I like the rules here IMO; they work.
But again, nothing bad said against the moderators here. This isn't the place for it I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy