Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everyday Women of the Golden Era

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
Grant Fan said:
this one is from 1954
Family014.jpg

That's such a pretty picture! She looks lovely!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any better... Grant Fan, I have a crush on your grandmother! In the first pic she looks like Scarlett Johansson <3 These pics are so pretty they made my day.
Family010.jpg

Family012.jpg

Family014.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
cherry lips said:
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any better... Grant Fan, I have a crush on your grandmother! In the first pic she looks like Scarlett Johansson <3 These pics are so pretty they made my day.

Well thank you, and alot of people think she looked like Scarlett Johansson in that picture. I must confess I don't really see it, but I think my abuela was beautiful no matter what.

Lillemor

One Too Many
Grant Fan said:
Well thank you, and alot of people think she looked like Scarlett Johansson in that picture. I must confess I don't really see it, but I think my abuela was beautiful no matter what.

I don't see the resemblance either. She's much prettier than Scarlett. I don't find Scarlett attractive at all. No offense, just my honest opinion. What I mean is that your relative is beautiful without needing comparison to anyone.:)

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Grant Fan said:
ok so this is a great thread :eusa_clap I love it. And here are pictures of my family before they left Cuba in the late 50's or early 60's I am going to guess on the year of the photos.
this is my abuela (grandmother) I think she was around 16 so that should make it around the late 30's early 40's

Family012.jpg
Your grandmother is stunning and what a beautiful wedding dress.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Some pics of my mom

These have all been posted elsewhere, but what the hey.
In college, around 1940:
Collegegirls1940reduced.jpg

College graduation, 1941:
REHMHCJune41cropped.jpg

Same dress, 1944:
REH5-28-44bsmall.jpg

Marine Corps, 1945, Washington DC:
Mar04_17.jpg

With my little brother, 1950:
MomandMarkattheFarm.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
And my grandmother

Here's my mom with her new Kodak, taking her mother's picture in 1929:
MomnewKodaksmall.jpg

Here she is with my grand dad (see avatar) in 1919. Grandpa is sporting his thankfully short lived mustache:
GrandpaHomburgsmall.jpg

Thanksgiving 1948, yours truly in the middle (I still have the little blue knit outfit!) You can recognize my mom, with my dad and various and sundry great aunts, uncles, etc.:
Thanksgiving1948.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Lillemor said:
I don't see the resemblance either. She's much prettier than Scarlett. I don't find Scarlett attractive at all. No offense, just my honest opinion. What I mean is that your relative is beautiful without needing comparison to anyone.:)
:eek:fftopic: Your grandmother is gorgeous. For the record, I have a true faiblesse for Scarlett's beauty, my beloved ex-boyfriend looked just like her but as a boy!

dhermann1, thanks for sharing those lovely shots!

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Inky said:
Grantfan - lovely photos, thank you so much for sharing those! And a holler out to another Cuban!

Oh that just made my day I don't meet many other Cuban's aside from my boyfrien (both of his parent are from Cuba)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
THANKS Blondie, these are great!! I especially love this last one, where it looks like the gals' scarves are blown up over the top of their hair from the wind (?) I WANT to get sunglasses like these, and done with my RX. I also need some vintage 40s looking summer dresses.

Blondie said:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24