Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everyday Women of the Golden Era

SayCici

Practically Family
Everyone has posted wonderful photos, I especially love the family pictures! I really need to take some of my own and find a friend with a scanner.

Lady Day - I hope you've gotten the chance to sit down with your grandmother, or make the book! You should make it so opposite of each picture there is a blank page of paper to make notes on. :) I wish I had gotten the chance to do that with my grandmother!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I posted these in the Family Photos thread, but I though I'd share them here, too.
Here's a pretty silly picture of my mom around 1948.
Momallwet.jpg

My dad did magazine layout and advertising art, so I suspect this is actually a professional model. I have no idea who she really is. I suspect this was taken right after the war, maybe late 1945 or 46. I wish the resolution was better!
modelwithcoat.jpg

modelcoatoff.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
From Square America

st30.jpg

I love her dress and I love Boston Dental's art deco windows.

st8.jpg

I know she was posted earlier in the thread, but does she have no top on under those overalls?? They look like the EvaDress ones we're all making! lol

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I think I may have posted one or two of these before a while ago in the family snaps thread, but here are my grandad and grandma in everyday garb:

n37007267_32058095_8930-1.jpg
n37007267_32057903_529-1.jpg

And here is a portrait of my grandma. I just love her hair. We have very, very straight hair in my family and if I am correct I think she had a perm back in those days:

n37007267_32057901_6044-1.jpg

Shirin

A-List Customer
CherryRed said:
This one is my favorite. I really like the whole fun care free look of the photo. Everyone looks so happy on that day. The bride and groom photo is lovely too, such a cute couple.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
I just spent a nice weekend with my Grammy over her 91st birthday....and I snagged some famliy photos from the 40's!

My great Aunt and mom's first cousin:

aunt_ruth.jpg
charmaine2.jpg

My Grammy and my Grammy with a friend in Idaho:

grammyjo.jpg
grammy_friend.jpg

It was so nice to visit with her. She laughed when I told her she and Zsa Zsa Gabor are the same age. :)

There will be more on my blog soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot