Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excuse me Miss, do you Blog?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Why did you start your blog?

I guess it was my inner exhibitionist who could come out and play and do what I want.

How did you decide on a topic, find your niche?

That was easy, the topic is me, which events I go to, what I am up to, what clothes I am wearing, what I crave etc. etc.

Are you motivated to maintain your blog, why?

yes and no, I have had long periods of not updating it, but it was at a time where i didn't have anything fab to share really.

Have you found your blog to be an outlet or a way to stay passionate?

Definitely, plus it is just good fun and I get inspired to do new different posts etc.

Oh and my blog is in my signature ;)

Lillemor

One Too Many
Darhling, your blog showed up in a totally unrelated google search. That often happens with the blogs of FD members or even thread results from FD showing up in unrelated random searches.:eusa_doh:

Aorta

Familiar Face
@ Bettie Booh and Tess Trueheart: I'm one of your readers and enjoy both of your blogs, keep the good work up! (Jag snackar svenska också och därför är det inget problem att förstå dig, Tess.)

Dutchess

Familiar Face
www.tantepatent.blogspot.com

A few days ago I have started my first blog: www.tantepatent.blogspot.com
It's a blog about vintage fashion and lifestyle. I decided to write in Dutch because I could not find a Dutch vintage blog that was regularly updated. So besides the fact it's an outlet and playground for me (few of my friends are interested in the topic), I'm hoping to step into a niche in the Dutch blogging-spectrum.
Tante Patent translates into: Aunt Patent. It's the name of a character from a children's book and patent means as much as: neat, proper. And of course I wear my patent leather shoes...
Foto0028.jpg

TessTrueheart

Aorta said:
@ Bettie Booh and Tess Trueheart: I'm one of your readers and enjoy both of your blogs, keep the good work up! (Jag snackar svenska också och därför är det inget problem att förstå dig, Tess.)

Det var roligt att höra!

lexismonkey

New in Town
I started my blog primarily to refresh my writing skills, share the stuff I research and learn about.

For my entire life I have been aesthetically retarded with my style. When I was in high school life was easy; i just went goth ((before goth was cool mind you))
Then I graduated and worked at a law firm. After that horrible experience I took to Wearing hoodies and jeans.
I decided to express myself via clothing again but in a less extreme way, and to do this I had to learn all about style and fashion which is something I haven't really explored before.
Instead of hoarding this information
I decided to share the knowledge that some women seem to just KNOW. There are others that are retarded with clothing and accessories – there just has to be!

Whatever I am doing at the moment.
Recently I've been investigating ways to utilize my extensive collection of vintage costume jewelry.
As I sit here I'm watching fellow college students walk by and I'm inspired to write about scarves and winter accessories.

Yes, because I have followers! LOL it sounds stupid but I feel rather obligated to keep writing, besides I like to review what I've written to refresh my memory about stuff. I am a kinesthetic learner so writing things down helps them stick in my brain.

Heck yea! Being that there is a whole universe of creative women wearing fabulous vintage clothing inspires me to try to find my own way through the labyrinth that is fashion!

Bunny

New in Town
Hello Lovely Blogging Ladies!

I'm so happy someone started this thread!

Anyway...My blog is called Butterflies and Daisys Vintage

I just started it this week. It's a fashion blog about vintage and vintage inspired fashion. I plan on posting many outfit posts, inspiration, altering and sewing projects and I have a couple other things up my sleeve for the future as well!

Warning for Purists: I don't dress vintage head to toe everyday. A lot of my outfits have vintage elements or vintage flavour. (Although I have been known to go all out once in a while!)

I would love it if you would stop by and take a look! Constructive feedback is always welcome!

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Hello lady-bloggers,

Great thread, I've been looking at all your blogs, very very inspiring gals!!! :eusa_clap

My blog is in my signature too. Its a little bit of everything, photography, vintage style, musings, collectibles etc. I started as a little diary/showcase of sorts for my interests, and its a great way to meet other people too and get inspired and stay passionate about all things creative.

Happy blogging :)

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Being brave...

I wasn't sure I'd post this, and I doubt it's really worth reading, but here's my blog:

http://vintagenewbie.blogspot.com/

I guess I started it as documentation of a journey because sometimes, to keep moving forward, you need to be able to see where you started. That probably makes no sense. :p Anyway, this is more than a journey of vintage, it's about getting back to me and the things that make me happy which includes vintage. Hence, the title The New Old Me. Hopefully, I will be brave enough to post pictures of myself along the way. It's either going to be fun to see the changes, or a complete disaster. Thank heavens my sense of humor is intact!

BTW Ladies, I'm trying to go through and read your blogs. The vintage info is just wonderful to a newbie and Fleur's faux bang tutorial is, well, BANGIN'. :eusa_clap

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Some online friends tried to get me to start one years ago but I just didn't "get" it. Then about a year 1/2 ago I was directed to a blog I fell in love with, Rue's Peanut Butter and Jelly Life. The post I read was about Gone With the Wind which I am very passionate about... but I loved the rest of her blog too. So I was totally inspired and created mine that day.

I blog about whatever, whenever. Mostly costuming and vintage stuff... and my 100 year old home.

I haven't been lately, only because I have had an incredibly stressful past 6 months, (and don't want to blog about it!)
I have also had PC issues and my memory is MAXed... so I haven't been able to load photos like I want to.

I also suffer from blogger's guilt. I feel bad that I just don't have the time to visit/comment on everyone's blog who visits/comments on mine.. and I'd really like to. It's just impossible.

Have you found your blog to be an outlet or a way to stay passionate? I do! It has made me a better person, more upbeat. More into my projects and hobbies.
I must admit tho, it has taken away much of my FL time and I'm missing you all here too!
My blog is in my siggy~ ;)

CherryRed said:
Mine is in my siggy below. I have mine to update my followers on my etsy shop.
I also love keeping tabs on my fellow vintagae friends like Fleur, Inky, MaryDelux, etc.

Oh, and as always....if you are a FL gal, follow me and I will follow you!

I have been trying to expand what I blog about from just business (we all know how boring that can be) to more about the things I love about vintage. Vintage has pretty much always been a part of my life so sometimes it's hard to put into words what and why I like about it. Blogging makes me think about it and I like that.
I just have to find the time to squeeze it in!!

Avalon

A-List Customer

I wanted to channel my love for silent films (and the 1920s in general) into something creative - and since I've written poetry as long as I could remember, it was the perfect choice. Someday I'd love to turn it into a coffee table book. ;)

A day without the Twenties is a day without sunshine. lol I have a lot of fun learning about the actors and actresses of the era.

Oh, absolutely - I pick a different star and poetry style every week, so it keeps me on my toes and has done wonders for my writing in general.

Definitely keeps the flame burning! I can't wait to get my hands on more silents now. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo