Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

job

One Too Many
I personally think you have one great looking hat. It looks like a Whippet and a Alessandria met, fell in love, and had a beautiful offspring. I think it will go well with casual or formal wear equally.

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
I want one!

Hey Vet
How long did it take for it to arrive?
How is the weight?

I think I need to pay more attention to this thread. You guys have some great lids!

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
The new hat arrived today!

Initially, the intent was to make a copy of the Borsalino Alessandria at a lower cost but a custom. Why not? I had asked Parker for a vintage-weight cream body, 4-ligne ribbon in a matching color, an Alessandria-type bow and a wind string.

That is not what I ended up with. :)

First, the cream body could not be sourced. He substituted the beaver standard-weight in bone instead. Then, a ribbon to match could not be found in 4 ligne, so a 9-ligne ribbon was substituted instead. Of course by this point, the wind string didn't match the hat, so we omitted that.

I think the only spec that stayed the same was the 6-inch open crown and the 2-3/4" bound brim (though 9 ligne instead of 4 ligne).

Here's the pictures. First, is the box:

fp1.jpg

The OPEN box!

fp2.jpg

The out-of-focus hat as delivered on the open box:

fp3.jpg

After I got done creasing it:

fp4.jpg

Crappy iPhone pic of the thing on my head:

fp5.jpg

I was able to put in a high diamond crown I had seen on William Powell in one of his old movies. While the blocks on these things start out straight, when you're done creasing it, it's a very tall taper. I think it's 5" high, for the most part, all of the way around. There's just enough room for my head, where I didn't have to put a dome in it.

Judging by the result, I think it looks more like a Stetson Whippet than a Borsalino Alessandria. Not what I was going for, by any means, but I was curious what I was to get and I think it turned out pretty well. It looked kind of goofy when I had just gotten done creasing it, probably from the steam, but after wearing it for an hour or so, the felt's relaxed enough to where it looks pretty good, I think.

Well worth the time and money. I think the wider ribbon treatment actually works better for the way it's creased than the thinner ribbon of the Borsalino. Working with 100% beaver instead of the rabbit is kind of interesting... it feels different and you don't get the "wet dog" smell when it hits the steam. It'll be interesting to see how it feels after wearing it for a couple of weeks.

Hope you've enjoyed seeing my pictures.

Tom

That is a gorgeous hat. I love the bone felt. Very nice mid ribbon and binding too!

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
The new hat arrived today!

Initially, the intent was to make a copy of the Borsalino Alessandria at a lower cost but a custom. Why not? I had asked Parker for a vintage-weight cream body, 4-ligne ribbon in a matching color, an Alessandria-type bow and a wind string.

That is not what I ended up with. :)

First, the cream body could not be sourced. He substituted the beaver standard-weight in bone instead. Then, a ribbon to match could not be found in 4 ligne, so a 9-ligne ribbon was substituted instead. Of course by this point, the wind string didn't match the hat, so we omitted that.

I think the only spec that stayed the same was the 6-inch open crown and the 2-3/4" bound brim (though 9 ligne instead of 4 ligne).

Here's the pictures. First, is the box:

fp1.jpg

The OPEN box!

fp2.jpg

The out-of-focus hat as delivered on the open box:

fp3.jpg

After I got done creasing it:

fp4.jpg

Crappy iPhone pic of the thing on my head:

fp5.jpg

I was able to put in a high diamond crown I had seen on William Powell in one of his old movies. While the blocks on these things start out straight, when you're done creasing it, it's a very tall taper. I think it's 5" high, for the most part, all of the way around. There's just enough room for my head, where I didn't have to put a dome in it.

Judging by the result, I think it looks more like a Stetson Whippet than a Borsalino Alessandria. Not what I was going for, by any means, but I was curious what I was to get and I think it turned out pretty well. It looked kind of goofy when I had just gotten done creasing it, probably from the steam, but after wearing it for an hour or so, the felt's relaxed enough to where it looks pretty good, I think.

Well worth the time and money. I think the wider ribbon treatment actually works better for the way it's creased than the thinner ribbon of the Borsalino. Working with 100% beaver instead of the rabbit is kind of interesting... it feels different and you don't get the "wet dog" smell when it hits the steam. It'll be interesting to see how it feels after wearing it for a couple of weeks.

Hope you've enjoyed seeing my pictures.

Tom
This is the next hat that I want!

I can see that hat literally going with anything!!

Very sharp!

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I know it is worth the wait just making coversation since this thread is dead I figured that no1 is getting their hats like myself and was curious if anybody has gotten anything in the last few weeks?

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I know it is worth the wait just making coversation since this thread is dead I figured that no1 is getting their hats like myself and was curious if anybody has gotten anything in the last few weeks?
I did. I got a beautiful hat from him. I haven't shown pics of it because it's a deep chocolate brown and just eats up the light, so that pictures don't do it justice.

AEH

One of the Regulars
Just to confirm that Parker is working hard :) : Yesterday I picked up a beautiful black cherry fedora, black ribbon with a special touch to the bow, black brim binding. I will not be able to take pictures for a few days, but will post pics later.
Thank you, Parker!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner