Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Blackthorn and AEH, can't wait to see those, but I guess I will... ;)

I got my sweatband replacements today. Four hats-- a 1934 Mallory Derby, a Resistol stingy homburg, an unidentified brown derby woolie, and a very cool old Wormser wide-brimmed lord's hat, and... well they have sweatbands now so I"m stoked!
I suppose I'll post them here anyway:

imgp4865copy.jpg

imgp4856copy.jpg

imgp4860copy.jpg

imgp4876copy.jpg

imgp4886copy.jpg

Brando11

A-List Customer
Very, very nice- I don't know how they looked before, but they sure look like brand new now. You can really pull off that look!

-Brando

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Parker tells me that my hat may take a while. Seems that he will have to place a special order to get a blanket of beaver felt large enough to cover my huge head. I imagine this news has caused beavers across our nation to cower in their swamps and dens.

AF

DOGMAN

One Too Many
The beavers in the swamp near me are moving out and going north.
Parker tells me that my hat may take a while. Seems that he will have to place a special order to get a blanket of beaver felt large enough to cover my huge head. I imagine this news has caused beavers across our nation to cower in their swamps and dens.

AF

AEH

One of the Regulars
My Dark cherry FP hat:

As promised, a couple of pictures of my dark cherry from Parker:

5 3/4"open crown, 2 3/4" brim. The centre dent dry creasing is just preliminary, not sure if I will pinch it.
The felt is rather heavy and stiff, more like a western felt, and I love it. Good for a everyday hat in our "heavy weathered" part of the world.

fph_2.jpg

Difficult to capture the real color, it's darker than these pictures show, more like a chocolate with a reddish tint.

The bow is inspired by a Norwegian movie set in the 50's.

fph_1.jpg

This hat will be seeing a lot of noggin time!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Very, very nice- I don't know how they looked before, but they sure look like brand new now.

-Brando

Thanks, everyone, for the comments. Brando-- they looked almost identical before, if perhaps a bit dirtier. I literally just had new sweats put in because the originals had crumbled to pieces.

AEH........ WOW. That's a beauty. I'm getting the same color scheme, different style. If Parker's just a few weeks behind yet, then I'm guessing by early April for mine.

HT-- I wouldn't have been able to go beaver either, if this hadn't been a Xmas gift from my parents... As you know, whatever you do go with will be outstanding.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Par for the course for what basically must be a one man operation by a guy who has a separate full time job, I think. Better to wait and be satisfied than to rush and gloss over details! (Just trying to offer some consolation, HT.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner