Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I went in to this knowing it would take a while, so I'm not upset, either. However, I am very anxious; I had assumed that he was making progress based on our phone conversations. I'm still patient, though. Here's hoping his calendar will open up.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I'm with ya, HT. The problem is having all that dough at the same time without it being otherwise obligated or removed by my wife. A slow trickle of spending allowance has proven safer for me.

Besides, at the rate my hats have sold on eBay in the past, I'd have to sell 30 of them for one Optimo, plus I also just really like Parker's work.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
As promised, a couple of pictures of my dark cherry from Parker:

5 3/4"open crown, 2 3/4" brim. The centre dent dry creasing is just preliminary, not sure if I will pinch it.
The felt is rather heavy and stiff, more like a western felt, and I love it. Good for a everyday hat in our "heavy weathered" part of the world.

fph_2.jpg

Difficult to capture the real color, it's darker than these pictures show, more like a chocolate with a reddish tint.

The bow is inspired by a Norwegian movie set in the 50's.

fph_1.jpg

This hat will be seeing a lot of noggin time!

Do you have any more pics of this hat?

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
No, it's just a good lookin' hat. I wanted to see some pics in the field or if you kept the center crease. I'm awaiting a hat from Parker blocked at the same height. Getting anxious!

AEH

One of the Regulars
No, it's just a good lookin' hat. I wanted to see some pics in the field or if you kept the center crease. I'm awaiting a hat from Parker blocked at the same height. Getting anxious!
Kept the centre crease. Partly because it looks good, partly because experimenting with creases takes a lot of steaming with this stiff felt.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Ok I just finished snapping the pics and I tell you what this hat is so cool you should need a permit to wear it. I know I complained about the wait time and yes I thought it took a long time but my god having a hat come to me like this makes that almost go away. I wanted a hat that screamed 1940s and wanted him to copy the whippet from the Crosby ads and I think he did that with his own little twists that I wanted. ALl thoughts and comments appreciated. I want to know how this compares in looks to those classic old hats from that era. THE particulars are steel felt with black binding and ribbon. 2 1/2 inch brim
whippet.jpg
Stetson_Whippet_Vintagead.jpg
37e9ac3150e84af8024a2f92c4a25ee4.jpg
ac75c15c58ff3feff4b412b4cc4546d1.jpg
0fd8f22c36514c40756f325db06e8051.jpg
493abc6ebc0a3433bca43ffcfce5bdeb.jpg
a987f8688b4aa3fa239de03ddf50723a.jpg
365ae2060791a7f5e1a1f8f3d1aa9dd0.jpg
a987f8688b4aa3fa239de03ddf50723a.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice, Teach!

I way prefer the look of this one to the other FP hats you've shown. The Steel felt is great, I have a hat that TonyB made for me in this material and I really like it.

Enjoy wearing it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner