Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Alive, The hat looks great. Personally, I would leave the brim as it is, proportions fit you beautifully.
I agree you look great
& Man your pics out doors are fantastic & the double-shot (then&Now) wow !!!!!
hey maybe ill do that curl still sorta brim up !!!!! i like it !

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Just sent Parker an email this morning for a cleaning and a new ribbon on my Lee Commentator, I am hoping the wait time isn't too long!

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Rabbit - Thank you. Many of your outdoor pics are inspiring. You're always able to harness the right light.

Manfred - I don't know what it was about that photo, but I just really liked his hat, even though he was a criminal!

BR - I don't have the desire to change it right now, so maybe I will just order another hat in a different color and a different brim curl! :thumb: You might not have noticed it, but I had to horizontally flip my side of the picture, because I had my head tilted the wrong way, so I wanted it to match. I might try a more accurate side by side at a later date.

seabass - Thank you for the comments! The old pic was aged as is. I had to apply some filters to mine.
I could have taken the shot against a darker wall, but at least I got the point across. It was fun shooting the outdoor pics; just me, my hat, and the quiet solitude of nature.

By the way, Parker made the brim measurement as I gave to him. I didn't mean for my previous post to sound like he didn't get the right measurement.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Alive, The hat looks great. Personally, I would leave the brim as it is, proportions fit you beautifully.
I have to agree as that hat is about as perfect as one could ask for, the colors work just fantastic, and the ribbon work is really nice as well.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alive, I think the brim you have has a more modern look, meaning it'll play better in 2012, than the making slight curl in the brim the other guy has. It's just more edgy the way you have it.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I have to agree as that hat is about as perfect as one could ask for, the colors work just fantastic, and the ribbon work is really nice as well.

Thank you! Parker helped me choose a complimentary felt and ribbon to create a stellar everyday hat. I like to wear jeans, button up shirts, sport coats, as well as some grey suits, and a really sharp brown suit with a smoke pin-stripe. He said that the smoke colored ribbon on the grey felt would make the hat wearable with just about any wardrobe, no matter the color or the outfit. He was right!

Alive, I think the brim you have has a more modern look, meaning it'll play better in 2012, than the making slight curl in the brim the other guy has. It's just more edgy the way you have it.

I like your modern description; I do enjoy wearing it with the flat sides. And like I said above, it goes with just about anything. It has a subtle lift in the back. I think Parker uses a flat flange and shapes the brim up by hand.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Well I'm hoping my dad gets his soon! It was my father's day gift to him. I'm hoping to jump back on Parker's waiting list soon myself.

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
Mr. Melvin currently has the Resetol beaver 100 that I picked up recently. I have ask him to clean and "urbanize" it for me. I know what you fellows mean by anticipation now As this is the first time I have sent a hat off for any reason. I wrote "patience" on the mirror so I would read it every morning--maybe that helps. as long as it returns before the next drought and heat wave next year I will be happy. As soon as the pile of coins hidden under the bed grows to sufficient volume I would like to have him build one. The quality of his work I have seen on the net coupled with his value in price seems unbeatable to me.

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
Dan, Would you like me to check up on your hat?

I hate to rush him, It probably seems longer that it realty has been. I understand he has a "day"job as well and I have several other hats and only one head so I've got my bald spot covered. I'm realty just anxious to see what he can do with a hat like that. I appreciate your offer.

Chicago Jimmy

Familiar Face
Met with Parker this afternoon and he took the time out of his busy schedule to show us his workshop. His attention to detail is excellent and the workmanship is well worth the wait. Dan, I asked him about your hat... your hat arrived safely & Mr.Melvin said he will contact you soon.

Last edited:

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
Met with Parker this afternoon and he took the time out of his busy schedule to show us his workshop. His attention to detail is excellent and the workmanship is well worth the wait. Dan, I asked him about your hat... your hat arrived safely & Mr.Melvin said he will contact you soon.
I hope that I didn't put to much of a negative light on my statement concerning patience. I honestly don't know how long it is suppose to take. My mother can't believe that I can fish with the patience of Job, yet at Christmas growing up she claims (falsely I hope) that she and dad had to put tranquilizers in my cheerios. I have a couple of more hats I would like to send him
so I am sure I will get "conditioned" to it.

RockyNomad

Familiar Face
I just got an email today from falcon park with a holiday special offer. Free shipping and free rush processing with a guaranteed delivery date of February 28th. Unfortunately, I placed an order with them several weeks ago for my first fedora. I hate it when I miss out on a deal. Oh well.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
yikes. Maybe he has some new staff, or some time off from his day job? February 28th does arouse some hesitation.

I do like the new additions to his custom creations page!

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Yea Bowler its cool to see a Hat I helped design on the web too bad I hated how I looked in it and sold it. Not a slight to Parker I just didnt like how I looked in it :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran