Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

memphislawyer

Practically Family
GTdean, hopefully this pic shows the stitching topside of the hat:

falcon3.jpg

TallCrownDave

New in Town
Just got my new Falcon Park! I am super excited and couldn't be happier with Parker' work. The hat fits perfectly, and the work is beautiful. This is a Natural with 2 1/2" brim, 5 1/4" crown, with a teardrop bash like the one on Bowlerman's hat. The ribbon is dark brown, 1 1/2".

Here are a few pics:

Dave

31e60e3fbc0b8fdb22e57e76b48391db.jpg

260d4acee3463d0df21dcc825ac2dd01.jpg

559a52a73666f3365b6e684880e59ead.jpg

eb0759747ad92c9b3c6244f83cbb276d.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Dave, way to go, man! :thumb: That's such a nice hat. I really like the natural color. It will go great with just about anything you wear. That might be my next felt. Thanks for the inspiration!! :)

I'm excited to see more fabulous pics from loungers that participated in the 2/28 promo. Let's keep 'em coming!!

DOGMAN

One Too Many
memphislawer,TallCrownDave,very nice hats.Granite is one of my favorite colors.Really love the tall crowns Dave.Thanks for the pics.

Geldoc

One of the Regulars
Very nice profile on the hat, Dave. And great color. I'm going to try to get one with a bit less taper in the crown. Does anyone have suggestions on the model for this.

Thanks David

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
+1. Two of my Falcon Park hats were done on a 52 block, I believe. If you look on his website they are labeled the "Laird" and the "Virtuoso."

Geldoc

One of the Regulars
I had a delightful conversation with Parker today. He's a very nice person and was extremely helpful. I am indeed going with the 52 block in a Falcon in sahara with a 2.5 inch brim, 1.5 inch burgundy ribbon.

Thanks again for your feedback. D

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Block? I just assumed that they put the hat on a round thing and steamed it to take the size down to say my 7 1/8th, and then set the brim relative to the portion that goes up (I think seeing a Buckaroo video, it was some sort of hard round thing that he took around the outside of the hatbody sitting on top of the cylindrical hat form). After that, I assumed he cut the brim and then sorta free formed the bash in the crown and set the back brim up and the lower front brim down using steam.

I had wanted my bash to be like the Stetson Saxon (which is also the model I used for my Buckaroo) and so I dont know if my pics on page 81 or so reflect that. Any idea what body I got? Not that it really matters.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Geldoc, sounds really nice!

Memphis, every hat needs to be blocked and every block has different properties. Some are open and the bash comes later. Others are blocked with crease carved I to the wood, some are multi part combos. A block should Be the size of your head. There are many threads with these discussions, but the 52 is a high non tapered 1930s shape.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Geldoc,I got the Falcon steel grey.You can check it out on page 50 post#493.I love mine.I think you'll really like it.
I had a delightful conversation with Parker today. He's a very nice person and was extremely helpful. I am indeed going with the 52 block in a Falcon in sahara with a 2.5 inch brim, 1.5 inch burgundy ribbon.

Thanks again for your feedback. D

Geldoc

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the tip. That's a fantastic hat, Dogman! I see that your brim is 2 5/ 8 whereas mine (at the moment, at least) is 2 1/2. Any thoughts on this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner