Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite Scents

V

Violeta

I love Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea. It's perfect for me. I have a very hard time finding perfume that won't make me dizzy or get "stuck" in my nose. I don't know if it's just me, but I find that some perfumes smell ok for about 2 or 3 hours, then they fade off into this thick, heavy scent. It happens with alot I have tried. Wonder why?

cupcake

Familiar Face
saraicat said:
This is my new perfume, which my husband got for my birthday. It's Onyx by Sage and I love it. The notes are apparently dark coconut, oakmoss, tobacco, and vanilla nectar. The vanilla is very subtle, though. It's a really unusual scent.

That sounds absolutely delicious! I'm going to search high and low for it.

I currently wear "In Black" by J. Del Pozo
It always gets positive comments

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I just ordered some samples from The Perfumed Court - can't wait to try them out!

Caron Nuit de Noel Pure Parfum
Caron Poivre Pure Parfum
Caron Tabac Blond Pure Parfum
Bvlgari Au the Blanc

I know what the Bvlgari one is like as I tried it on before - it reminds me of being on honeymoon last year when we stayed at The Ritz in Halfmoon Bay - the toiletries in our room were all Bvlgari Au the Blanc. The scent brings back such happy memories!

msrsimpkin

New in Town
My absolute favorites are Jean Paul Gaultier, Anna Sui's Flight of Fancy, and Burberry London. I love sweet, creamy, and unusual scents.
And I love Christian Dior's Poison, because it reminds me of my mum.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
My favourite is Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel. I also enjoy fun body sprays by Victoria Secret, especially Strawberries & Champagne and Amber Romance, and La Senza's Beauty Rush.

Thierry Mugler's Angel is lovely too, and the bottle is a plus!

My newest one is Bath & Body Works White Citrus (which is also Victoria's Secret!)

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Can't believe I haven't posted this yet! I love perfume, and my absolute favorite is Angelique Encens. When I found out it was being discontinued, I went into panic mode and bought the huge flacon. I wear it everyday but already live in fear of the day that it runs out and the only way I'm able to get more is to buy it in Paris!

Joonie

Familiar Face
When I turned thirteen, my aunt bought me a bottle of Ralph Lauren's "Lauren." It came out in the 1970s, is a floral, slightly musky, and delicious scent and the ruby bottle is just lovely. I've never worn anything else, nor have I ever met (or smelled!) any other devotees. I fear the day it is discontinued- I will horde bottles, if I must!
image.html

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Joonie said:
When I turned thirteen, my aunt bought me a bottle of Ralph Lauren's "Lauren." It came out in the 1970s, is a floral, slightly musky, and delicious scent and the ruby bottle is just lovely.

I love that scent - Always reminds me of my mum, because it, too, is her favourite :)

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Joonie said:
When I turned thirteen, my aunt bought me a bottle of Ralph Lauren's "Lauren." It came out in the 1970s, is a floral, slightly musky, and delicious scent and the ruby bottle is just lovely. I've never worn anything else, nor have I ever met (or smelled!) any other devotees. I fear the day it is discontinued- I will horde bottles, if I must!
image.html

That's a lovely scent. Smells light and sweet in the bottle, smells alluring on other people, but on me, it's just icky. I sample 4 scents when I shop for oils or perfume - one on each forearm, and one on each wrist - then I keep sniffing the scents to see how they change after being on my skin for an hour or so. Sometimes, I can't get to soap and water fast enough! :D

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
Not really vintage, but the packaging looks cool, and it smells like HEAVEN!
I have been sniffing myself for hours. hahahaha lol
il_430xN.87349346.jpg

Speakeasy vanilla on ETSY for $7.50

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
exquisitebones said:
il_430xN.87349346.jpg

Oh, wow! I am addicted to scent oils. This is etsy store is new to me and I just ordered a bunch of samples.

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Thanks for posting the link to Wiggle Perfume. Their perfumes sound wonderful, and it's cool to see they made one inspired by Anna May Wong!

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
The are lovely and they have a little roll on top to them, so you can just roll a dab on your wrist and be set! and the packaging is just toooooo cute!

PS

A-List Customer
I forgot about this perfume, I bookmarked it and wanted to order! I just ran over to Etsy, thew it in my cart and by the time I was checking out someone snatched the last one from me!:rage:

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
exquisitebones said:
il_430xN.87349346.jpg

I am SO glad it works for you - I was worried after I posted about it on my Twitter. The scent just does not work for me at ALL - it smells so lovely in the bottle but really horrible on my skin. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot