Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gallery - Akubra Campdraft

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks DD. I was inspired to change the Mid-brown CD & thus wear it more after seeing what you did with your Cedar Brown. Still contemplating if I want to change my Moonstone CD or not. I think your's looks great.
Thanks Jack!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Still got a hankering for a Moonstone OR Cattleman but so far I've resisted the urge to change this one up. It's just too nice.

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

Moonstone actually matches this Slate Blue shirt better than it does in the pic.

IMG_3824.jpg

PanosChris

Practically Family
View attachment 209719 View attachment 209718 For anyone interested, picture shows from left to right, mid brown RM Williams hat, cedar brown Campdraft, and burnt oak Fedora. Probably only useful to show the relative shades of brown, not the actual color.
Nice, especially the mid brown, such a pity is not available any more. Also I though the Fedora had a significantly lower crown compared to CD or fediv or it just looks like in the pic?

Catechumen

New in Town
Nice, especially the mid brown, such a pity is not available any more. Also I though the Fedora had a significantly lower crown compared to CD or fediv or it just looks like in the pic?

The mid brown pictured is an Akubra/RM Williams - it comes pre bashed - got it about 2 weeks ago. With effort and steam, you could probably get into a dome and bash as you like. I’m not sure, other than being pre bashed that there is a material (any?) difference between it and a Campdraft. Reg. Fedora height - it’s the angle.

Hola all,

I am thinking of getting a Campdraft with the idea of doing a "six-shooter" crease on it. (3 dents in front and 3 in the back) The Bushman would have been a better brim for it, but being discontinued, I can't find any in my size. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 329678

I’m afraid that with the CD’s dimensions it would end up more derby like with that much curl in the brim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails