Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

goatskin or lambskin

kojax

Practically Family
my new g-1 lambskin jacket from gibson-barnes will be here monday......i talked to the leather guy there dave marshall real nice guy. he told me alot of people get the lambskin jacket a tade lighter then the goatskin. i will let you know how i like it. ONE NICE THING I CAN ALWAYS GET MY MONEY BACK GOOD COMPANY TO DEAL WITH...

Peacoat

Bartender
kojax said:
my new g-1 lambskin jacket from gibson-barnes will be here monday......i talked to the leather guy there dave marshall real nice guy. he told me alot of people get the lambskin jacket a tade lighter then the goatskin. i will let you know how i like it. ONE NICE THING I CAN ALWAYS GET MY MONEY BACK GOOD COMPANY TO DEAL WITH...

Did you get the jacket? How about some pictures?

kojax

Practically Family
peacoat thank you for the email that was very nice of you....i am not bad at anyone here.....the people are nice here..as for the lambskin jacket nice leather very light for sure..one thing i did not like was the fur collar to be it looked very fake looking other then that not a bad looking jacket......i have to say there g-1 goatskin is a much better jacket.....i will get some pictures up...my father a-2 jacket horsehide jacket from gibson barnes is coming torrmow i will let you know on that....have a nice day KOJAX**

Mojo

New in Town
Regarding deerskin gloves and "lambskin" condoms...

I wear deerskin gloves for working around my place cutting wood, etc. They are not nearly as rugged as cowhide or pigskin, particularly when wet. And they are not very abrasion-resistant either. In fact, the label on the brand that I buy suggests that they aren't suitable for heavy work where abrasion is part of the equation. I usually get one year out of a pair of deerskin gloves and then they need to be replaced.

So why do I buy deerskin? Because they are the most comfortable, supple work gloves that I have found. Typical cowhide and pigskin are simply too stiff with a tendency to produce blisters due to the internal seams. (Hey, I'm a Sensitive Male with delicate hands!)

"Lambskin" condoms are not made from lambskin; they are made from a natural "pouch" (appendix?) found in sheep intestines. When I used them they were infinitely superior to latex and latex-free condoms when it comes to sensitivity. It feels like you aren't even wearing a condom. But since the natural membrane is porous enough for viruses to penetrate they offer no protection against STDs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR