Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good night nurse, I bought a Tilley!

Mustang

One of the Regulars
deelovely said:
Hmmm... Maybe I should get Indycop a Tilley for our anniversary instead of him getting another VS! [huh] :rolleyes:

I'm sure he'd appreciate that! :rolleyes: lol

I'm glad you mentioned your anniversary. Our 10 year wedding anniversary is coming up this year...and nothing says "I Love You" like a VS! I'll have to begin dropping hints here and there pretty soon. :D

As a Tilley wearer, I do have a big advantage over many of those who just began wearing fedoras "cold turkey". I read many-a-thread where the new fedora owner was overly self-conscious and/or embarrassed wearing his/her new hat. Those of us who have worn Tilley's do not suffer that affliction. In fact, maybe that's the cure for those who have that problem. Wear a Tilley around town for a few months, and you'll feel like you've become invisible once you've switched to the fedora! lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
deelovely said:
Hmmm... Maybe I should get Indycop a Tilley for our anniversary instead of him getting another VS! [huh] :rolleyes:
:eek: HUH!!!!!!! I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!:rage: :rage: :rage: No offense to those who like them but I would just go without a hat before I would wear one of those things!!:eusa_doh: :rolleyes:

Mustang

One of the Regulars
indycop said:
:eek: HUH!!!!!!! I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!:rage: :rage: :rage: No offense to those who like them but I would just go without a hat before I would wear one of those things!!:eusa_doh: :rolleyes:

lol Can't say that I blame ya! It's an acquired taste. lol

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Kaleponi Craig said:
I now realize that she was right in some respects. Not about how the Panama looks, I still think it's the most elegant piece of clothing in the world. But practically speaking, when all is said and done, the Tilley is a better travel hat. No worries about getting it wet, smushing it in the luggage, sweating in it, or even getting it blown off on the cliffside of a caldera (it's got the little string thingy).

No argument here. It's a great relief NOT to have to worry about a hat. And if I recall correctly, the Tilleys even come with insurance against getting blown off your head and lost.

...do I recall correctly?

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Pilgrim said:
No argument here. It's a great relief NOT to have to worry about a hat. And if I recall correctly, the Tilleys even come with insurance against getting blown off your head and lost.

You sure do. Any type of loss, and they'll replace it at half the cost. Pretty amazing that they would do that. :eusa_clap

DblCoronaMS

One of the Regulars
Nothing wrong with a Tilley!

I bought mine at the New Orleans boat show back in the mid '80s and love it. No, it's not the prettiest hat on the planet but it survived being tossed around in my house by Hurricane Katrina's flood waters when not much else did.

Here's me and my friend Keith at a car show. Note the date... post Katrina. If not for the "ugly" Tilley my hair would look like his!

BTW... my other hat is one of Panama Bob's Montecristis. I'll be getting an Akubra Federation soon.

keithdon5ga.jpg

Kaleponi Craig

A-List Customer
Pilgrim said:

Yes, they are the only hat that comes with an insurance policy. Gotta love it!...KC

Spellflower

Practically Family
Any insurance agents in the FL membership? I smell an opportunity:

"Protect those you love! Don't get caught out in the rain with out a good hat! For only pennies a month, you can protect your hat from wind, theft, greedy eagles, and other unforseeable circumstances! If only Indy had one of our policies, he wouldn't have needed to risk his arm to save his hat! Special emergency replacement options available! We keep a stable of AB's in sizes 7-7 5/8 in stock ready to be FedExed to you whether you're in the Amazon or Athens, Sydney or the the Sahara. Your hat protects you. Shouldn't you protect your hat?"

I will of course expect a percentage of future profits (say 25%) as the originator of the idea!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner