Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GoodWear J.A. Dubow 20960

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Believe it or not I was sitting in the lounge one day... minding my "P's and Q's" when lo and behold I get an email form J.C. himself... John Chapman of GoodWear NOT the other guy! Though truth be told, given his reputation, the amount of work he has lined up and his fanatical attention to detail, I expected to hear from the Other J.C. first. Needless to say I was dumbstruck. Last time I felt like this was when I got an actual snail mail letter from Ken Calder. Mr. Chapman and I discussed various Redskin models and his family's history in Troy, New York but he also mentioned a jacket he thought I might be interested in. Seems a WWII vet wanted a Dubow 20960 made of "soft" horsehide. Although quite good (to me at least) the buyer sent the jacket back and Mr. Chapman made him another. The original jacket "sat around" for years until Mr. Chapman thought of me. Me????!!!!! Well he sent the jacket along "on spec" and After trying her on I've decided to keep her!

Russet Horsehide J.A. Dubow 20960

IMG_1192_zpsb12aac5f.jpg

Front Open

IMG_1191_zps08ca01eb.jpg

Front Closed

IMG_1189_zpsd1ff6494.jpg

Side View

I think it fits well. It is the softest Horse I've EVER felt and I like the color. For those interested, yes it's a 1911 Campaign Hat. The Cavalary Unit is Company K, 9th U.S. Cavalry.

Worf

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Dave, that A-2 looks like it was made for you from specs you supplied. AND to think the master called with YOU in mind for this A-2. Congratulations for a wonderful acquisition!! :thumb:

Last edited:

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Congrats Worf! Great jacket and a great story...

PS.
Mr. Chapman, if you happen to have a Ventura in size 48 sitting around, you can find me here....:)

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
That A-2 absolutely looks like it was made for you. Perfect fit. I've got an A-2 in that color (not anything near as great as a Good Wear) and it makes a nice change from my others which are medium to seal brown. The broken-in campaign hat looks good with the curl to the brim. It gives it less of a "state trooper look".
__________________________________________________________________________________
Tom

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Wow, that's a beauty! It's just perfect for you.

As it happens... John had sent me one of his returned jackets of the very same model to try a few years ago. Alas, it was much too small and I sent it back. But I was just blown away that he would mail off a thousand-dollar jacket to someone who was a stranger... apart from a few years hanging out on these forums. So of course, when I could fund it I ultimately had him build me my own russet Dubow 27798 a couple of years ago. And like your 20960, it's outstanding.

John is aces, and his jackets are equally remarkable!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Thanks all... it's kinda like hittin' the lottery when you hadn't even played!!!!!! Yea Doc, I too was surprised when he offered to send it to me on spec. Nice guy! Shame its now way too cold to wear her at the moment.

Worf

Need I say it..?? No..but I will..'looks great'..WORF..!!
BTW..I had a hat like that once for real. Hard to keep the front curl out..when part of the job title was getting in someone's FACE. Up close and personal..!! And I even lived to tell about it. :becky:
HD

Cooperson

One Too Many
Good grief Worf, Santa came early this year! What a great story and real beauty of a jacket. Looks made to measure to me, great score and a perfect fit!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Need I say it..?? No..but I will..'looks great'..WORF..!!
BTW..I had a hat like that once for real. Hard to keep the front curl out..when part of the job title was getting in someone's FACE. Up close and personal..!! And I even lived to tell about it. :becky:
HD

Never thought I'd own a Round Brown myself. Too many BAD memories involving yelling, spittle, bad breath... detailed discussions about my numerous shortcomings! But this is 1911 style Cavalry Campaign hat. If you see any vintage pics of troops at that time you'd know that "uniform" could only loosely be applied to how they wore their cover. Wore on Veterans Day, got a lot of love. Very EARLY Christmas fer moi! Happier than the proverbial pig in slop!

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo