Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goodwear Leathers, the waiting starts...

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Well, i just sent John my deposit for a Californian Imperial!

He said the wait is at just under 2 years, considering he only takes a $200 deposit i just couldn't find a reason not to get in the queue!
I am set on the Imperial, but still unsure about the color. I want to go for seal brown, pretty much just like this:

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/Californian_Imperial02_46/

But i don't really wear brown at all. I just feel that since i already have 5 black jackets a little bit of change would be nice...

Now all i need to do is forget about it, and wait...

Last edited:

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Imperial rocks and is well worth the wait.

Goodwear%20Imperial%2082_zpsi1l1jnkq.jpg

ProteinNerd

I'm 12 months into the queue. I actually find it helps stop the urge to buy other jackets as I know I have one coming lol

Superfluous

Very nice, is that seal or dark seal?

Its a custom color created by JC. I find many standard seal leathers a tad too light, and many dark seal leathers a tad too dark. JC has the ability to create custom colors. He has experimented extensively with different dye configurations applied to many different leathers. It is these types of skill sets that separate JC, Himel and craftsmen of their ilk from even the finest off-the-rack manufacturers.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Its a custom color created by JC. I find many standard seal leathers a tad too light, and many dark seal leathers a tad too dark. JC has the ability to create custom colors. He has experimented extensively with different dye configurations applied to many different leathers. It is these types of skill sets that separate JC, Himel and craftsmen of their ilk from even the finest off-the-rack manufacturers.

Cool, that's pretty much what i wanted to ask him. I find dark seal too brown, i prefer the red tones of the regular seal, but would love to have it a bit darker.
When the time comes i'll ask him if he can do that.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Nice work. JC makes divine jackets....in 2 years who knows what other types of leather he will be stocking? Get on with life and keep trucking, all of a sudden you will get the magic email, then you can decide.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
*sigh* Maybe next year I'll find the nerve to put the cash down for one...

My way of thinking was, the longer you wait to put down your deposit, the longer you wait for your jacket.
Once you put your deposit down, just find a way to save £50 a month, and by the time your turn comes up you should have the money sorted. Coming up with that amount in a week is rough, but having 2 years to do it is ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot