Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got blocked by Simmons Bilt Instagram because my comment

Edward

Bartender
I avoid Engineer boot threads for the same reason I wish you never told me about that jewelry thread... Just been thru all 27 pages and that stuff is absolutely beautiful and it's painful looking at stuff I cannot have.
Engineer boots are the worst because I love them as much as jackets but can't stand wearing them anymore.

You ever try a pair of Lewis Westways? Same height (10") as a standard engineer boot, but neater-fitting and zipped up the back. Tough as an engineer, but feel much lighter on (probably because of the fit). Not cheap, but worth looking into if you want something in sorta the same vein as an engineer but without the sense of them hanging off your feet that some engineers can give.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Edge of Tomorrow was good, but I really liked Oblivion. It's a mash up of themes from so many sci-fi films of the last 20 years, but because of that I reckon that 50 years from now Oblivion will be the gateway movie that leads future teenagers to discover films like the Matrix series that have become so 'not cool' now that in 50+ years they will be totally forgotten.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
I loikied it better before the superfluous and badly done sequels. Somehow they deminished the original. Similar to Star Wars in that regard.
When Neo started using his matrix powers in the real world it all got a bit confusing for me. Great special effects though, especially in the last one. Apparently Keanu Reeves gave a big chunk of his paycheck to the special effects people when the last movie wrapped.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
You know, the Matrix trilogy was such a 'thing' that after it became 'uncool', I thought Reeves would never (not that he'd need to) work again; it kinda typecast him as Neo.

BUT....

The John Wick movies are excellent IMHO. Non-stop moody action, and never for one moment thought Reeves was just playing his matrix character. That's acting right there. Tom Cruise (with the exception of Eyes Wide Shut) always 'plays' Tom Cruise. But in the John Wick movies, Reeves can really differentiate himself from other action characters he's played. That's really more acting then he usually gets credit for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy