Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GREAT AERO half belt thread.

Cossack or Half Belt with these specs: Cordovan/FQHH/Alpaca/Black mouton?

• Half Belt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cossack

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clyde R.

One of the Regulars
That jacket is a beauty.

I had a very similarly styled jacket years ago, but with nowhere near the quality of hide in my old one.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That's one sweet jacket!!

A great looking vintage leather jacket and short hair just looks the biz!! (well, that's what I have to keep telling myself!!). That should be nicely broken in with loads of patina by the time the Old Fedorian's Dinner comes around next year!! That jacket would look great with an 8 panel Gatsby/Newsboy cap!! You'd really cut a dash in the streets of Birmingham!! (UK that is).

You'd be hard pushed to find a better hide than that one from Aero ..IMHO!! ENJOY!!! and to echo all the others, GREAT PHOTOS!!

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
PADDY said:
A great looking vintage leather jacket and short hair just looks the biz!! (well, that's what I have to keep telling myself!!). That should be nicely broken in with loads of patina by the time the Old Fedorian's Dinner comes around next year!! That jacket would look great with an 8 panel Gatsby/Newsboy cap!! You'd really cut a dash in the streets of Birmingham!! (UK that is).

You'd be hard pushed to find a better hide than that one from Aero ..IMHO!! ENJOY!!! and to echo all the others, GREAT PHOTOS!!

Thanks Paddy (and everyone else) for your positive comments. As it happens Paddy, I had decided to get a 'newsboy' cap to wear with this jacket, they seem to go together well. As for cutting a dash in the streets of Birmingham, well thats easy - just shower and shave and don't wear a baseball cap! lol Short hair ! - yes, well, I had to finally 'take the plunge' and get shorn, as the old frontal region was receding at a rate of knots !lol I've always had fairly long hair and its quite curly too but there's nothing worse than long hair when the front is receding - it looks like the whole hairstyle is sliding backwards down the neck lol lol lol and anyway, longer hair doesn't look right at all with 30s/40s clothing.

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
Baggers said:
You looked like Art Garfunkle? :eek:

"Hello darkness, my old friend..." lol

Cheers!

You know, I seem to remember hearing that before some place.........lol lol
Just think, if Art had worn Bills M1 khakis instead of tight levis, he mightn't have sung so high !

nerdator

New in Town
my Aero Half Belt

After six long and painful weeks my Half Belt finally arrived. Let me sum up briefly the weeks before I could wrap myself in my jacket:
What we have here is a 1950’s style Horsehide Half Belt in Cordovan, just like the one in Aero’s sample photo, because I liked that one best. I stumbled across the jacket 8 months ago already, but I couldn’t make up my mind. Because I am quite tall (6’6’’) Amanda decided that a size 54 would be too roomy for me on the one hand, on the other hand a size 52 would be too small, so we agreed on a 52” with 2” additional length on body and sleeves, so finally we got something like a 53” long. After exchanging a few mails I started to trust her entirely. And the best is: there were no additional costs for that, so I got a made-to-measure-jacket for the price of an(Aero)garment “off-the-rack”. In the weeks before ordering I went through an ordeal of taking measure, along with my wife (she is very patient), but the two of us being no experts gave up, one reason among others was the metric system we have, so we had to convert all the centimeters into inches. But I dug out an old friend of ours, a retired tailor, he was more than willing to help and so we got all the measurements for Amanda. Then it was just waiting, hoping that the jacket would fit…

Here are the pics:

myhalfbelt_01.jpg

myhalfbelt_02.jpg

myhalfbelt_03.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Looks beautiful.

So how well is the fit?
How does it live up to your hopes and expectations?
What comments from your wife?
Was it worth getting?

Now get your wife to take a nice shot of you wearing it and post it up here for us to see that lovely piece of leather!

CONGRATULATIONS.

nerdator

New in Town
you asked for it...

well, I am back. first the pics with me wearing the jacket:

myhalfbelt_06.jpg

myhalfbelt_04.jpg

I was really anxious that the jacket would not fit, because of the extras. But at Aero they did a terrific job... When I pulled the jacket out of the box I was overwhelmed about the weight and the incredible stiffness... I put it on the first time, it DID fit.

Peacoat

Bartender
Great jacket! After seeing how nice the cordovan is on your jacket, I'm glad I chose that color for my Highwayman. Will still be another couple of weeks before it makes its debut, however.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
GREAT looking jacket there.

:eusa_clap Well Done!! Now have fun breaking that baby in and turing a few heads when you wear it!! That is not your average high street/Mall jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner