Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Guys) What's in your wallet...I mean pockets

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
Pocket watches

I have carried a pocket watch before, but I just have to much other junk in my pockets (keys, knives). I can put it in the little watch pocket, but the fob or chain gets hung too easily and jerked out.

I have a few nice old pocket watches (well, "we" have them...they were my grandfather's) including a 1915-1921 open face Hamilton, which runs perfectly, but I don't think I want to pack that one around.

You've got me thinking though, Randy, and I might try a pocket watch again....

sfend002

Familiar Face
It appears I carry very little.

Cell phone.
Wallet, as thin as I can keep it.
keys, as few as possible.

I don't like to have my pockets loaded down.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I ALWAYS have my wallet, keys, and cell phone. At times when I'm working, I have my PI license, and sometimes my mace. If I'm wearing a pocket watch that day, that usually takes up one pocket.

I'm also one of those guys who really doesn't like to wear his wallet in the back pocket; its just extremely uncomfortable. For this reason, I always feel as though I'm carrying more one me than I wish I had to. My wallet can take up a decent amount of space, and my cell phone isn't tiny either.

Queue

Familiar Face
Keys, Phone &c

I am having a problem when I wear my suits (which I just started doing in any regularity, I do love those years after university when everyone starts getting married). I don't know where to put my keys, phone, wallet and the assorted flotsam that I usually carry.

I have started putting the phone in the interior pocket of my jacket, leaving behind keys I don't need that day (I have a couple office keys, and 4 apartment keys which I don't, strictly speaking, need on a Saturday afternoon) or I stash them in my girlfriend's purse (an admittedly short term solution) and taking my ID, credit card and a little bit of cash and keeping it in a moneyclip. Putting everything where I usually do in my jeans messes up the lines on a suit or even a pair of slacks so I was wondering what, if any, advice y'all could furnish.

Many thanks!

Kodiak

A-List Customer
Front left trouser pocket— knife, and sometimes the phone.
Front right trouser pocket— car key (house keys on different ring), chapstick and gum.
Inside Left Jacket pocket— slim leather wallet from Fossil, pen.
Inside Right Jacket pocket—handkerchief, and sometimes the phone.

Anything else that I need to carry gets shuffled to other pockets. I hate carrying my phone in my suit, so normally I slide it into whatever bag I'm carrying, or leave it in the car. Everything else is relatively slim.

57plymouth

One of the Regulars
SHOW US: What is in the gentleman's pockets?

Here's a question? What is in the gentleman's pockets on a day to day basis?

I'll start...

IMG_0872.jpg

The keys to his vintage automobile (57 Plymouth, with the original driver's license of my great grandfather for 1957...)
A practical pocket knife without lots of gizsmos and whatnot.
A clean handkerchief
A wallet ( I need to upgrade, any suggestions?)
A simple yet elegant timepiece
A token commemorating his fraternal organization's 50th anniversary
A fine smoking instrument (a Peterson today, not my favorite but close at hand)
An ignition source for the fine smoking instrument
A writing utensil
Either a fraternal signet ring or a ring from his Alma Matter, but never both at once!
A flask of fine spirits. (also needs replacement)

Not pictured due to overt modernity, a defensive firearm in a quality holster.

How about you?

davestlouis

Practically Family
The big question is this...what goes in your pants pockets, as opposed to what goes in your pockets of your suitcoat...

In the pants, keys, wallet, that's it.

In my jacket, businesscard holder that looks like a big, thin Zippo lighter, a multitude of pens and, in the outside pockets, mints. We have big bowls of individually-wrapped mints in all of our funeral homes, and I make a habit of stuffing several in the pockets of all of my jackets...better to have them than to wish I did!

Big_e

Practically Family
I carry as little as possible. If I can hear jingle as I jump up and down, I'm carrying too much. Usually just my cellphone, car key and wallet. Ocassionally I carry a zippo lighter. I don't even smoke but I like to talk to the old-timers at the local diner and they smoke, so I like to be neighborly. You can learn alot from old-timers.
Ernest

grundie

One of the Regulars
I like to be prepared for urban survival.

Keychain with bottle opener shaped like a key, USB drive and little LED torch. A Victoronox Cyber Tool Swiss Army knife - the model best suited to urban uses in my experience. A comb. A utility key than can open utility boxes and lift doors/hatches etc.

My wallet containing...

• The usual bank/debit/ID cards
  • Prepaid credit card with €100 credit - I do not have a real credit card as I don't do debt, but there are times you need one.
  • €50 in tens hidden in the lining.
  • A few prepaid SIM cards for various networks.
  • Stainless steel flat multi-spanner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters