Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handsome Fellas!

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
The 5 Heartbeats was such a bad movie I had to watch it in 15-minute segments! I agree that Leon gets stuck with a lot of the same kind of roles, but I guess his Uncle Melvin in ‘Once Upon a Time’ sticks in my mind the most, and Uncle Melvin was beautiful!

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Tony in Tarzana said:
Really? Dang, I was just about to have all my money changed to $1 bills. lol

Back on topic...

As a goatee wearer myself, I'd like to hear some more opinions on them. Trimmed close, longer, etc. Not fishing for compliments, just looking for tips.

To me, most men look best clean-shaven. And I think most goatees give the illusion of making a man's face look rounder than it is.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
images

ok, I know all of you know how I feel about Gregory Peck by now, but, DANG! that man is one hottie;)

Caledonia

Practically Family
Did you catch him in the Paradine Affair, or was it Case? If there was ever anybody you'd want to bump into in the cocktail lounge.... Well, him and Jonny Depp of course. :D

Rosie

One Too Many
Rebecca D said:
The 5 Heartbeats was such a bad movie I had to watch it in 15-minute segments! I agree that Leon gets stuck with a lot of the same kind of roles, but I guess his Uncle Melvin in ‘Once Upon a Time’ sticks in my mind the most, and Uncle Melvin was beautiful!

Awwww, the 5 Heartbeats wasn't *that* bad. lol You know, I have Once Upon a Time When We Were Colored but, I haven't seen it a REALLY long time, I forget it, I think I'll watch it over the weekend.

mysterygal said:
Johny Depp's another hottie too..he does play in some really weird roles though!
lol Thanks lady day!

I like Johnny Depp, he IS a hottie. I like the roles he plays too. He's a good actor and always chooses interesting parts.

I think Keanu Reeves is kind of hot too. Just a tad.

Now, I'm not normally into the whole "body" or "pretty boy" thing, but Boris Kodjoe:

kodje.jpg

Have MERCY!!!! Hope I didn't stray too far off topic.

K by the bay

Familiar Face
good looking men

Great hair always gets me. One exception is Fred Astaire. I think he's real cute even though people tell me " but he's bald"! Some guys in tails would be nice. I love the one piece bathing suits on a man.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
K by the bay said:
Great hair always gets me. One exception is Fred Astaire. I think he's real cute even though people tell me " but he's bald"! Some guys in tails would be nice. I love the one piece bathing suits on a man.

Bald can be SUPER SEXY, it all about how he rocks it.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Boris Kodjoe:

kodje.jpg

Yeah, hes a fresh hunk of man cake, but hes TOO pretty. I dont wanta fella prettier than me. I likes em with flaws :)

LD

PS: The Five Heartbeats wasnt that bad at all. I liked it. :rolleyes:

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Ok, you ladies that don't want the pretty ones...

Send them to me, I'll take 'em. All the guys with too perfect bodies, better wardrobes than me, etc, etc.

They're mine. Especially if they have a brain. Stuffed wallet optional.

K?

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
Yep! So many of my female friends don't like guys who are "too pretty."

Now, I know Paris Hilton finally disproved the Duchess of Windsor's theory that a woman could never be too rich or too thin, but I don't think I have ever seen anybody -- male or female -- who is "too pretty."

I'll take all those guys who aren't rugged or manly enough, or whose eyelashes are too long or cheekbones too high or noses too straight. All the boys who are too slim or unhairy and whose hair is too silky and shiny can come over and see me any time.

BV - Johnny Depp knows where to find me, and I'll take him as any character he's ever played! Ed Wood, Jack Sparrow, Ichabod Crane. Oh! especially Ichabod crane! He may be my ideal man, even if I can't spell his name. ^_^

Rosie

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Boris Kodjoe:

kodje.jpg

Yeah, hes a fresh hunk of man cake, but hes TOO pretty. I dont wanta fella prettier than me. I likes em with flaws :)

LD
NORMALLY, I agree with you. In reality, the kind of guy I like is FAR from perfect. I like tall, big (fat, chunky, husky, whatever word fits best here) guys with a but of a belly. :) That REALLY is what I like and most of the guys that I have considered to be my boyfriend, well, except one, has looked like this. But COME ON! LOOK AT HIM!!!:

boris3.jpg

Gracious Mercy!! Google him, there are too many risque pics to post here.lol

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
Ok, I'll go back and watch The 5 Heartbeats again to see if I can tolerate it. Luckily Leon’s in it so it won't be too painful!

Well, I do believe we were talking about what kind of vintage garb on the fellas floats our boat, so I’ll try to get myself back on subject!

I said in another thread that I really like the 60s as well as the earlier decades, so Sidney Poitier in his thin ties and slender trousers is always a favorite of mine. Of course Malcolm X in his last year rocked my absolute favorite look, which is that of the nerdy intellectual in a sweater and tie with a goatee. I loved the goatee and glasses on Malcolm as I loved them on Trotsky back in the 1930s. What also gets me is when working class men really dress up, like the Doo Wop boys of the 50s, and like some of the fellas today who wear brightly colored, perfectly pressed suits and have long cornrows and rough hands. Gets me every time! But really, just give me a real smarty pants with a lot of fire, and I’m happy!

Trotsky rocking my favorite look
trotski3.jpg

Malcolm rocking that same style almost 30 years later
malcolmx.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari