Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatbox Homage

Zemke Fan said:
Someone ought to make reproductions of vintage hat boxes... Stratoliner and Whippet for starters...

Mayser out of Germany has done such a thing. This is one of mine (3 total).

3687677208_9568c37d98.jpg

Tooch

One of the Regulars
I have just three hat boxes to speak of, but I'm rather fond of them -- especially the Stetson Flagship box I just picked up to match the lid of the same name.

IMG_0753.jpg

The Champ box is modest, as you'd expect from a budget brand. But I still think it sports some pretty inspired art.

IMG_0754.jpg

And you can't go wrong with Flagship art.

IMG_0755.jpg

The Resistol box isn't as pretty. But it included the original literature from the factory.

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
A Few Notables from Hirsch's Attic...

I've posted these elsewhere, but it's probably worth reposting them in this excellent thread. I can't tell you much about the history of each box, but I do think the yellow Stetson box is nearly identical to the box posted by Jimmy. These aren't showpieces, but they are definitely interesting. All of them were shipped to the retailer with 3 hats, per box.

Chesterfield:

HatInventory-030.jpg

Stetson #1:

HatInventory-008.jpg

Stetson #2:

HatInventory-011.jpg

Stetson #4:

HatInventory-023.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Man I do love that Chesterfield, Johnny!

The Stetson No2 box is the same design as my yellow/green coloured one (see below). Any idea of its vintage? I guessed somewhere around WWII.

SDC10393.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Wormser

This is the first Wormser hatbox I've seen and I picked it up cheaply (before postage was added anyway!). It's not in the best condition but I'm guessing it's probably 40's or before, so we can forgive some condition issues. Now my Wormser Homburg (that I'm still working up the courage to wear) has a place of its own.

SDC10480.jpg
SDC10481.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Dunlap

Don't see a lot of these. Box is extra thick and tough. Weighs a lot more than the typical hat box.

B

forty_box.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner