Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatbox Homage

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Ephraim Tutt said:
This is the first Wormser hatbox I've seen and I picked it up cheaply (before postage was added anyway!). It's not in the best condition but I'm guessing it's probably 40's or before, so we can forgive some condition issues. Now my Wormser Homburg (that I'm still working up the courage to wear) has a place of its own.

SDC10480.jpg

Here's another one:

WormsBox.jpg

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
besdor said:
The Habig box is incredible. I've never seen one like that before. I have been staring at the computer for twenty minutes!!!!

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

I keep coming back to stare at it to try to imagine how the hat is actually inserted into the box! [huh] It would have to go in vertically, I imagine, but how is it held in place?

We need pictures of the interior of the box!!!! (Does it have the inserts?) Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Cheers,
Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
The Pan Am Hat by Lee hat box

As promised in the new thread I just started wherein I ask if anyone has ever seen or heard of The Pan Am hat, here is the photo I posted there plus a few more.

PanAmHatbyLeeHatBox1.jpg

PanAmHatbyLeeHatBox3.jpg

PanAmHatbyLeeHatBox4.jpg

PanAmHatbyLeeHatBox6.jpg

The photos are from the auction.

Cheers,
Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
carouselvic said:
I own one. They come up every now and again.

Photographs? What's it like?

I've just found a painting of a Pan Am Stratocruiser that looks like the aircraft drawing on the box. Makes sense--a response to the Stratoliner. Does it resemble a Stratoliner? Does it have the name Stratocruiser or Pan Am inside on the sweatband or liner? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Thanks,
Tom

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
I misunderstood the question. I own only the box. I have no first hand knowledge of the hat.

Tango Yankee said:
Photographs? What's it like?

I've just found a painting of a Pan Am Stratocruiser that looks like the aircraft drawing on the box. Makes sense--a response to the Stratoliner. Does it resemble a Stratoliner? Does it have the name Stratocruiser or Pan Am inside on the sweatband or liner? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Thanks,
Tom

buler

I'll Lock Up
Marlboro

Smoke em if ya got em. Received this box with a hat from the bay. I've never seen a Marlboro hat yet. Looks a lot like a Portis box.

B

marlboro_box_3.jpg

marlboro_box_2.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Love that Mr P.
"Buffalo's Greatest Clothiers" They say nobody's perfect - except in their resume. I guess that applies to their advertising too.
Great box.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Standing offer...

I will pay at LEAST $150 for a pristine Stratoliner box. $50 for a pristine hat box label. These show up on eBay all the time, but in less than stellar condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21